Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Amazing Grace

Author Topic: Amazing Grace
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin] [Bible] [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tovahsez
Member # 4609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tovahsez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On 5/17 I was reminded just how "Amazing" the grace of G-d is. Spending a busy weekend in Las Vegas took a toll on my devotional life. Although I found a Gideon Bible in our room and read some of it, it was nowhere like my morning time alone with the Lord. During this time I read the Bible, pray and quiet my thoughts so that I might hear His voice.

That morning I went to the gym for a morning workout. Before leaving I drank some coffee and did some things on my PC. What I didn't do before going or after I returned was to spend that much needed quality time with the Lord. These "spiritual appointments" are solely for my benefit, not His. I know He loves me and wants to hear from me, but there is nothing He "needs" from me. I am the one who always walks away the richer for having communed with Him for an hour.
Nonetheless, He is my Father and I am His child. A father always looks out for the welfare of his children. If an earthly father does this, how much more so does our Heavenly Father. Sometimes we don't see the movement of His hand until the work He does is completed.

When it was time for me to leave for work, I dashed out with my purse and waterbottle but forgot my lunch and my CAR AND HOUSE KEYS. I usually check that I have everything I need before pulling the door closed. It was only after I heard the "click" of the lock engaging did I realize my error. In denial, I search purse and pockets in vain.

I spot my Christian neighbor who just came outdoors with her young son. I share my tale of woe with her and we go inside so I can call my landlord at work. He isn't in. She advises me there is a bus that will come by at 12:28. My work day starts at 12:30 so that would make me 30 minutes late. I lament not only having left my keys but also my lunch. In Christ-like fashion she offers me two bananas to help me get through the day. While we were talking, her 4 year old drank from and emptied my water bottle. I've been dehydrated since giving blood last Thursday (followed by three days in a desert climate), so always carry water for when my mouth dries out. She graciously refills my bottle. I thank her and head up to our landlord's apartment (over ours) to see if their daughter is home from college. No one was home. It's now noon. I decide to take a slow walk up the street and around the corner to get to the bus stop.
As I approach the street I see a truck pass and go down to the neighbors who live across the street from us. I keep walking and turn to see who they might be as don't remember Fred and Joanna having a truck. Now all this time I can't remember if I even raised up a short and simple "Lord help me". But my Father saw my dilemma and already had it all figured out.

As I looked down the street I fixed my gaze on that truck in Fred's driveway and as if by magic, saw the backup lights go on. A glimmer of hope budded within me. The street is a dead end, so anyone backing out of his driveway is heading to the top of the street. The truck swings around to head in my direction. I am still not sure who is in the truck and wait until they get closer. It's FRED AND JOANNA! I jokingly stick out my thumb and
they stop, pick me up and drive me to my building.

Not only am I not late, but I show up 25 minutes early and can leisurely eat my banana lunch. Free food and a ride to work....without my even asking Him for either one. How good He is.....Thank you Abba (aramaic for daddy) for your faithfulness to me. I barely spoke a word to you all morning, yet when I found myself in a difficult situation, you delivered me from my troubles. None of us deserve your love, but you love us nonetheless. Your grace is truly "Amazing".

Posts: 4 | From: NY State | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement