Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Thanking Him

Author Topic: Thanking Him
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True faith in action!! [spiny]
Thanks for sharing redkermit.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing. I can tell you from experience that it is hard to be thankful through the pain. As my days of pain increases, it is easy to be filled with doubt. But, I have found that when I reach out to God, in my pain, that even if the pain doesn't go away, God gives me peace. We have alot to be thankful for.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this email today from a friend:

Dear God,

I want to thank You for what you have already done. I am not going to wait until I see results or receive rewards, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until I feel better or things look better, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until people say they are sorry or until they stop talking about me, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until the pain in my body disappears, I am thanking You right now.

I am not going to wait until my financial situation improves, I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until the children are asleep and the house is quiet. I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until I get promoted at work or until I get the job. I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until I understand every experience in my life that has caused me pain or grief, I am going to thank You right now.

I am not going to wait until the journey gets easier or the challenges are removed, I am thanking You right now.

I am thanking You because I am alive.

I am thanking You because I made it through the day's difficulties.

I am thanking You because I have walked around the obstacles.

I am thanking You because I have the ability and the opportunity to do more and do better.

I'm thanking You even if others give up on me, and I'm thanking You FATHER, because YOU haven't given up on me.

"People may be unkind, just be kind. They may cheat, just be honest. They may forget your good deeds, just do good. In the end, its really between YOU and GOD, it was never between YOU AND THEM. God Bless"

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement