Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Hbr 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first beg

Author Topic: Hbr 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first beg
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yahsway

Thank you. I noticed no one made a comment earlier and I begin to worry that I was out of line. You know that old self doubt that comes to call. Your post encouraged me. thanks.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful post and insight Betty. Our salvation is serious. Remember the verse that says MANY will come to me in that day, ect.. and they apparantly thought they were about the work of the Father and Yeshua says depart from me you who work lawlessness, I never knew you. I take that verse very seriously.

Be Blessed.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hbr 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard [him];
-------------------------

Many Years ago there was a popular country song called “Me and Jesus”
I can’t remember all the words, but I remember the part that said:

“Me and Jesus, got our own thing going, me and Jesus got it all worked out.”
I liked the song at first but then it began to bother me and I stopped listening to it. This morning I was thinking about that song and I realized that this song is about Christians and non Christians who think they can work out a special deal with God.

Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
---------------------------------
Yes the Bible says to work out your own salvation, but mankind has left the fear and trembling part out.

How do some Christians think they have their own thing with God?

Hbr 10:25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1. By refusing to attend Church. There are great excuses but the truth is we do not want to be under someone else’s authority. Not attending Church is a sin of rebellion.
Attending Church makes us accountable. People know where we are there and when we are not.

Deu 12:6 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:
Deu 12:11 Then there shall be a place which the LORD your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there; thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heave offering of your hand, and all your choice vows which ye vow unto the LORD:

2. Refusing to pay tithes. It is an act of rebellion. I am going to pay tithes as I see fit and if I give it to a Church, I lose control of the money. Yes, it is good to give
money to the guy on the street corner but don’t steal from God to do so.

Exd 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
2 Having an abortion. Yes, I do believe that there are Christians that try to convince God that having an abortion is right for them. They tell God that it is just bad timing and then try to say it really is not murder.

Exd 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
3. Giving God a last name and it isn’t Holy. I have talked to people that considered themselves Christians who do this on a regularly bases. They honestly believe that it is not that big of deal. Sadly when they face God they will see it is a big deal to God.
-------------------------------------------
I am sure that you could add many things to this list. But God laid this own my heart very early this morning. We need to even as Christians to go back to:

Phl 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

--------------------------------------

Salvation is not like buying detergent. You can’t go to the store and pick out what strikes your fancy.
Our salvation is very serious business. It not only determines how we live this life but where we spend eternity.

God Bless you,
Betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement