Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Riding the Fence

Author Topic: Riding the Fence
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 20 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Linda, but I am ready to get a pillow, a pacifer, and a baby blanket and crawl back on the fence abit. Yesterday and especially last night was brutal. I brought extra pacifers, so soft touch and hardcore feel free to join me. I forgot Linda you kinda got plugged to so your welcome to join too. [Wink]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Very beautifully written; this post is so full of annointing that it gives me goose bumps and made me shed a tear or too; Betty your gift for ministering in the Lord Jesus is simply radiating from your keyboard. To God be the Glory and the Praise!!!! Preach on sister, preach on!!! [type] [hug]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW Sister Betty, That Was Awsome!!!!! God is Definitely Moving Here! I agree with what Sister Cindy (hey, I finally know her real name lol) said. This was straight from your heart and absolutely Holy Spirit Inspired!

Even if you don't see any Fruit, God will use your words to reach deep into the hearts of others... perhaps in those 'guests' who come to read only, but God will be Glorified and Lifted Up! PRAISE GOD!!! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Cindy. It is hard for me to share from my heart. I am one of those who have ridden the fence most of her life. I hate disagreement and often give in all aspects of my life rather than have a argument. I am a nervous type person and arguments really scare me. So to open my self up,is really scary. But, when God laid this on my heart as a laid in bed today, I was compelled to share. As we closer and closer to the return of Jesus we will have to get off the fence more and stand up for what is right. This will cause people to be angry with us. But, it will always let people know where we stand. At the game bbs, there were many that made fun of me, but there were a few, that when bad things happened would address a thread to me, asking for help. They always said, grandma we know you speak the truth. Many times I talked to them about how much Jesus loved them and how to be saved. I am not bragging on myself. I don't work and I realize that most of you here come in contact with far more people than me and are more learneded than me. But, I am just saying that stepping off that fence does have its rewards. Sometimes, I forget that and get right back on that old fence. We just all got to pray for each other for courage to do the right thing.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tg [Kiss] That was one the most heartfelt and timely messages i have heard in some time. You are so genuine and I so appreciate that. You are right, there will be a final choice to make for a lot of people, for those who are unsaved , today is the day of salvation. For some who are born-again, but eide the fense, soon they too will have to choose to get off it.

There were times I felt like I was on a barbed-wire fence. Its time to be hot or cold. Even Yeshua warned one of the churches that was lukewarm. He said he would that they were either hot or cold but being lukewarm He would spew them out of His mouth.

Thank you for that post. It would make a great song. "THE FENCE RIDER" It has inspired me to write a song. I think I will. Thaanks TexG. Your a sweetie! Shalom Cindy

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riding the Fence

Cowboys don’t ride fences, because you don’t get very far when you do. But, people do ride fences. Some Churches even ride fences. Why is riding the fence so attractive? We think we can keep our “principles” and yet still not offend. Yes, it is wonderful to be kind and non offensive, but not at the expense of our testimony.

I remember reading a Women’s magazine about 10 years ago that had an article about the lovely actress, Goldie Hawn. The writer of the article talked about how spiritual Goldie was because she had done extensive research into all religions and had taken the parts she liked and made her own Religion. There is even a Church that does this, Unitarian Universalism. My son attended that Church for a short period. They read from all Religions and embrace them all. We as humans love something that makes us all feel good and offends no one. So riding on a fence can be so attractive.

Christians can be guilty of riding a fence. I have been guilty many times of this myself.
My sister-in-law and I emailed each other for a year. We had never been close since her marriage to hubby’s brother and I enjoyed getting close to her. She knew that I was raised in Church, but she does not believe in going to Church or paying tithes. For a year, she would try to get me to say that it did not matter if you went to Church or not, and I did circles trying not to offend her. Finally she asked me right out if going to Church was important and if was really important to pay our tithes. I told her that the Bible said we should attend Church and tithe; she stopped emailing me and blocked my email because I did not say what she wanted to hear. Even though I said it with love and as gently as I could, she was angry at me.

Universal Salvation is another belief that is seeing to make everyone happy. A couple of years ago I was a member of a game board that had a BBS with an off topic section where we discussed everything. A young person put on there that they had never been to Church but there were starting to get a desire to know God. I put on the board the sinners prayer and verses from the Bible about salvation. Another person on the board, who I like very much, wrote me a long letter on the board. She said that I had embarrassed her as a “Christian” when I said that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. That if I was as smart as she, that I would know that because Jesus died, that everybody who every lived and lived now was going to Heaven. She raved at me for days and other people who said they were Christians took up for her. This young lady is an American who has moved to Switzerland. She is very talented and has produced several CD’s. She sings backup for singers when they do concerts in Switzerland. She has pictures of herself and many famous people on her website. One person she got close to was Elton John. I often wonder about her telling him that he does not have to accept Jesus as Savior or change his life style because he is going to Heaven anyway. To the world it is so attractive to think we can live like we want to and still go to Heaven. This young lady was raised in a Christian home and accepted Jesus as her Savior, but she is riding a fence. She has one leg on the side of Christianity and one leg on the side of the world, trying not to offend either side.

The Bible says we cannot serve two masters. We have to choose. Standing up for truth and for what is right requires getting off the fence. The fence can be surprising comfortable, but standing up for right brings the chance of criticism. But, refusal to stand up for truth, not only endangers our spiritual life, but we become guilty of misleading others. Living in the last days we are going to have to pray for the courage to get off the fence. I can tell you it is very hard for me. I don’t make friends easily and losing those I have scares me. But when it comes down to it, the very best friend I have is Jesus and my first concern should be not offending Him.

Why did I share this with you? It is not to embarrass myself, I assure you, but God laid this on my heart before I got out of bed today and maybe there are others that He wants to warn to get off the fence. If this offers nothing to you, I apologize for wasting your time, if it quickens your spirit, than I pray that God will help you, too, to get off the fence. I think with me this is going to be a long process because I fear I will be jumping on and off the fence many times in the coming years.

God bless you,

Betty

Please know this was written with love and not an attack on anyone except maybe myself. [Wink]

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/n/ineedteh.htm

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement