Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Back to the Bible

Author Topic: Back to the Bible
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so visual, and that is such a great analogy. I think it is very very true. I can relate to our well being being directly related to the time we spend in the word and in worship, and in prayer and fellowship with him.

If I cannot start my day in the word my whole day goes bad. I do believe that there is nothing we can ever face in this life that the word does not provide guidance for. God speaks to us through his word, by his spirit, and through his saints. But even when he speaks through his spirit and through his saints it always lines up with what is written.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
we should be the glove that the Holy Spirit's hand works through.

What a great visual - love it.

I have also heard preachers say, that if we have a certain weakness in our lives and we steadily keep in the Word, temptation will gradually be flushed out and totally be replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Example - if you have a little bit of milk in the bottom of glass, and hold the glass under a tap and keep it under the tap long enough, there will be nothing left but water in the glass.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
The Word should saturate our lives. [Bible]

-

Amen to that. I find life is so different when I'm consistent with my devotions and prayer time. I tend to get very depressed when I stop doing my devotions.

There is an evangelist in my denomination who preaches that we should be the glove that the Holy Spirit's hand works through. Staying in the Word, and saturating our lives with it, is one of the keys to allowing this.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

The Word should saturate our lives. [Bible]

-

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly we often look at the Bible like a instruction book on putting things together. When we work for hours and can't get it to work, as a last resort we start praying and reading God's Word. [Frown]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen, Sister.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

We have to get back to the Bible folks. There are too many confusing distractions out in the world.

The Bible has the answer to every problem. The Word is God and God is the Word. Wherein elsewhere can we know for sure lies the Truth? [Bible]

-

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement