Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » God Said, No

Author Topic: God Said, No
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've come to the conclusion that God sees all of our personal struggles as pride.

It all boils down to relying and leaning more and more on him.

Yes, I think you are right. We must decrease that he might increase in us. Some get this with relative ease; I was not the case. I was a control freak. Today I find it funny that we ever think that we are in control of anything..hah! God is in Control! That is because He is God and we are not God. There is such peace in knowing that.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God richly bless you Bloodbought. Obviously God has done a great work in you!! [clap2]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bloodbought
Advanced Member
Member # 4365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bloodbought     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your opening post HisGrace.

Pride is the one thing that has been too much a part of me in the past, and instead of helping me it has brought me much pain. I prayed for the Lord to humble me, but He said you have the ability to humble yourself. He said pride is one of the seven things that are an abomination to me, so humble yourself because if you hold on to pride it will not go unpunished. I said I don’t like the thorn in the flesh and I had no option but to surrender my pride to His amazing grace. Praise God He has taught me patience and humility to humble myself and become weak, so that I can become strong in Him through prayer.

2 Chr 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Posts: 822 | From: Ireland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I've come to the conclusion that God sees all of our personal struggles as pride.

It all boils down to relying and leaning more and more on him.

I've heard it said that we have to constantly take our carnality to the cross, slay, kill and bury it. A complete dieing to each and every one.

( You say you have dealt with pride H4HS. I'm not sure about myself. I have to be cautious, because it is very subtle.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I love this!!! I am going to keep this one. I do disagree with the pride one because He took that one from me; what ever we need HE IS! But I think this is an awesome, awesome post!!! [clap2] [type] [clap2]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

God Said, NO

I asked God to take away my pride.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by product of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

If you love God, share love!

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY  -

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world"

Written by Claudia Minden Weisz

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement