Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Extreme Soul Winning

Author Topic: Extreme Soul Winning
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome post Betty, and so true!

These verses from Matthew paint a picture of Christ's compassion for us and always move me to want to be involved as a worker in the harvest. How can I not have passion for spreading the gospel when I read this?

Matthew 9:36-38
9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. my uncontrollable interjection -(Man! Isn't that powerful?!)
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth laborers into his harvest.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen Mrs. Betty!

thanks for posting that David... it was good.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, David, that was good.

I was listening to a preacher on line yesterday that was talking about the fact that we don't always see the results of our labor. At least here. He talked about a missionary to remote African village many many years ago. He preached and preached and only had one convert and then was kicked out of the country. He died a short time later feeling like a failure. A hundred years later they sent someone else to that village, where to their surprise that one covert a woman had continued spreading the gospel and now 13,000 where saved. This man was not a failure. As the Bible says some of us plant the seed and some water. When we stop thinking about how many souls we have gotten saved and just do God's work, than we can leave it in his hands.
Sometimes just a smiling face and a hug can do what a preacher cannot. Some of us can't talk to strangers. I am shy in person. But we can pray for people we see in the store. We can be nice and even if we just say "God bless you!" to the clerk, God can still use it to open hearts.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also…”
--(Acts 17:6)

The apostles turned the world upside down with the Gospel. The Lord had accomplished such amazing things in their lives that they could not hold themselves back. They had passion. They were believers.

We are believers with the same Holy Spirit, a powerful testimony, and the Word of God. We, too, need to be extreme in our passion for taking the Good News to the lost.

Passion is an intense desire. The opposite of passion is apathy. Apathy is indifference, an “I just don’t care” attitude. As a tire can get a slow leak, so our Christian walk can experience passion leaks, and before we know it, our evangelism tire is flat.

Apathy is the reverse attitude of those in Acts, who turned the world upside down. When we are apathetic, everything will turn us upside down.

Our zeal for witnessing is in direct proportion to our passion for God. If we keep a vital relationship with Jesus, and guard against those things that could diminish our love for Him, then we will turn our world upside down.

--Jamie Morgan

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement