Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Victory Passages of Scripture

Author Topic: Victory Passages of Scripture
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen HisGrace, I love that verse. I posted that one on my Fridge. Shalom
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." [Bible]
–(Philippians 4:13)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have searching for this scripture for quite awhile where it says that God is looking down from heaven to see whom He may bless.

2 Chron.16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is. 41:10 (KJV) - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: Be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; Yeah, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Ps. 34:7 (KJV) - "The angel of the Lord encampeth Round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."

Heb. 12:1 (KJV) - "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us"

I don't know if these are "over-the-top victory scriptures", but they mean a lot to me personally.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 10:10 (NIV)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Malachi 3:10
I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take in. Let me prove it to you!

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
This is a great topic but a hard one because there are so many!!!

Well, we'll just have to keep bringin' them on. [Smile]
This one keeps speaking to me; probably I have quoted it on other threads.

Romans 8:17. Despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ who loved us.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Laurie! What a wonderful picture! I too love the scriptures you posted. What an awesome thought that creator of the universe hears our prayers and answeres them!!! Doesn't that just blow you away?

This is a great topic but a hard one because there are so many!!!

Here is my contribution:

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Lamentations 3:21-25 ¶ This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This verse means a lot to me.

II Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

It says if we do these 4 things:
1. Humble ourselves
2. Pray
3. Seek God's face
4. Turn from our wicked ways (genuinely repent)

Then God will do the following 3 things:
1. Hear us from heaven
2. Forgive our sin
3. Heal our lands

I interpret the promise to heal our lands as a healing of our lives and the things that surround us, in the case of individuals. This may be an incorrect interpretation, but it seems consistent with what I know of God.

This past weekend, I was holding my kitty cat, and I had a bit of a revelation regarding the concept of "seeking God's face." Have you ever held a baby and fed it or cooed at it? Or held a cat or puppy who loved you? Have you seen the way they strain to see your face and make eye contact and keep you in sight? Have you noticed the absolute, reverent adoration in their eyes as they stare upon you?

Man, that is how we should look at our Father's face, and how we should seek to see Him! I am sure that is not news to many of you ehere, but it just sort of blew me away when it came to me.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

The Bible has some "over-the-top" victory scriptures, which we should share.

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God."
–(Deuteronomy 28:2)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement