Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » insight needed

Author Topic: insight needed
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks RIPP

I guess as we grow and mature in Christ it gets a lot easier to keep our eye on the Son in all situations.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome rancan!

I'll try and give you some insight to my situation and what I think happens. Don't know how much help I will be but I will try.

quote:
Knowing what I know about what God put me through to open my eyes, why is it that He cant do the same for my mother.
Well, I think it's a combination of things. We put ourselves in situations sometimes where it is not the right thing to do. And I believe God uses these situations to help us see our error and lead us to Jesus. Some people feel more needs than others at different times in their lives than others. Although I'm sure God is working on your mother, ultimately it is her decision to come to know Jesus.

I'll give you my example. It took me 34 years to understand what that nagging feeling in my stomach was. In good times I didn't have that feeling as much. In bad times it almost overwhelmed me. When things are going well in life and you feel like you don't need anything, that can hinder God's work. But, if you have crisis, you will begin to look somewhere else for help. It's human nature. When times are rough, we look to God for help. That is why it is difficult for rich people to find Jesus, they have 'everything' they need. Just look at how the Churches filled up after 9-11 then died out a couple weeks later. Just keep praying for her and let God work on her in His own time.

quote:
Does God work differently with each individual?
Yes. Each one of us works differently and responds to different circumstances and stimuli. I was VERY rebellious as a youngster and was an athiest until a college car accident woke me up. For some, they find the Lord at age 10. For others, they find Jesus on their death-bed. Some people choose to push away the feelings of needing God.

quote:
Personally I dont see what other choice I could have made.
Well, you could have continued to ignore His call like I did for 34 years. But, the more you push Him away, the harder it is to hear Him. Praise God you found Him! [Cross]

quote:
The pain in remaining the same was greater than the pain to change.
I understand. I felt almost the same. A sense of knowing you're supposed to be doing something different or somethings not right. My friends however are still pushing God away. I pray every night for them to find Jesus. Only time will tell. Just thank God that you had the courage to accept Jesus!

quote:
I just want my mother to WAKE UP. No matter how bad I want it I know that I cant do it.
I know that it's difficult but just keep praying and He will guide her. I found some comfort in relying on Jesus. Since I let Him run the show now, I don't worry. Just be patent and be stead fast in your prayer, she will come around. [Smile]

quote:
I also know that God's timing is always right. I just want her to experience all those wonderful things you experience when you totally commit your life to christ.
Take comfort in that. God will work in His own time, so be at peace. [Bible]

quote:
Its just hard to understand why it has to be this way.
God is very complicated and hard to understand. Even the basics we cannot comprehend. Just try to think about God and how he created the universe. If you think about it long enough and ponder this, it will make your head hurt. We just have to accept the fact that He is God and He wants whats best for us. We are not to fully understand, nor can we. But just keep your faith in Him and things will work out.

I will pray for you and your mother. God bless. [Prayer]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rancan6776
Advanced Member
Member # 3943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rancan6776     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

Just thought I would pick ya'lls brain a little to help me through something. I really dont know how to explain this burden but I am going to try. Knowing what I know about what God put me through to open my eyes, why is it that He cant do the same for my mother. Does God work differently with each individual? Personally I dont see what other choice I could have made. The pain in remaining the same was greater than the pain to change. I just want my mother to WAKE UP. No matter how bad I want it I know that I cant do it. I also know that God's timing is always right. I just want her to experience all those wonderful things you experience when you totally commit your life to christ. Its just hard to understand why it has to be this way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 52 | From: east texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement