Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Is 'hell-fire' preaching effective?

Author Topic: Is 'hell-fire' preaching effective?
Crusader
Community Member
Member # 4035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoy Hell fire preachings more than anyother kind. They keep me in line where others dont. In fact my favorite web site is http://www.av1611.org/hell.html

As for the people who dont belive in Hell or dont think its forever, there is really nothing we can do for them. They have the Bible, and the words of Jesus. They know that its real and forever, it just seems that some/most want to convince themselves that they can get into heaven no matter how they act.

--------------------
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me at Calvary. I come to you now, Lord the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.

Posts: 19 | From: Tallahassee | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ripp:
David wrote:
quote:
You keep telling the the truth, and pray for them.

Well, it's not working. We have been on this topic for a month now and we haven't made a dent. Their argument continues for:

No free will
No hell
Universal salvation
Tithing is bad
Etc.

I guess I underestimated the apostacy in these days. But, I won't give up. I will keep praying!

Betty wrote:
quote:
Heard a preacher say that in order to be saved, we have to be saved from something. People who don't believe in hell, in essence don't see a need for salvation.

Defies logic doesn't it. I guess some are too blind to see the Truth no matter how it is presented. [Frown]
God bless. [Prayer]

Ripp,

Don't get discouraged. It's one thing to hear about all the false teachings and apostasy in the world, but another thing entirely when you're directly confronted with it. Don't be surprised that you have to argue til blue in the face, and still not results. Remember that Jesus told us that some people would hear His Father's voice and others would hear their father's voice, the devil, the liar from the beginning. Remember also that we are told to correct a brother gently two or three times and then have nothing to do with them. I think Satan uses these false believers to keep us distracted from the real work at hand, Jesus' comission.

I think David provided some very good advice. Do that and let God do the rest.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 21 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to tell people that I disliked to 'go to hell', but after becoming a Christian, I found that in some cases, telling people that was really a waste of time, as they were already going there anyhow.
[Razz]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David wrote:
quote:

Well, it's not working. We have been on this topic for a month now and we haven't made a dent. Their argument continues for:

No free will
No hell
Universal salvation
Tithing is bad
Etc.

I guess I underestimated the apostacy in these days. But, I won't give up. I will keep praying!

Betty wrote:
quote:
Heard a preacher say that in order to be saved, we have to be saved from something. People who don't believe in hell, in essence don't see a need for salvation.

Defies logic doesn't it. I guess some are too blind to see the Truth no matter how it is presented. [Frown]
God bless. [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus mentions hell many times because it does exist. Too many people are tearing at the fabric of our faith pealing off layer by layer. I believe this is very dangerous.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[cool_shades]

A lot of people believe what they want, but the truth is in the bible.

People that say there is no hell, are creating their own God. Those who say that are right: their "god" would never create hell, because he couldn’t. He doesn’t exist. He is a figment of their imagination, a god they have created to suit themselves. It’s called "idolatry," and it’s the oldest sin in the Book. Idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. The one true God, however, could and did create hell for those who reject His mercy. They will reap His just wrath.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post David, however I have a question.

What do you tell the people here that preach there is NO HELL at all? We have a couple on this site preaching that. They claim that EVERYONE is going to heaven and hell is some kind of 'correctional facility' where they go and get 'fixed'. Yes, Hitler, Osama, The antichrist and false prophet (they are human too), they are ALL going to go to heaven. So what do you tell them?

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him.
~ Acts 24:5-6 (NIV)

-

Preaching the reality of hell, without using the Law to bring the knowledge of sin, can do a great deal of damage to the cause of the gospel. A sinner cannot conceive of the thought that God would send anyone to hell, as long as he is deceived into thinking that God’s standard of righteousness is the same as his. Paul
“reasoned” with Felix regarding righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come (Acts 24:25). This is the righteousness that is of the Law and judgment by the Law. Felix “trembled” because he suddenly understood that his intemperance made him a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. The reality of hell suddenly became reasonable to him when the Law was used to bring the knowledge of sin.

Imagine if the police burst into your home, arrested you, and shouted, “You are going away for a long time!” Such conduct would probably leave you bewildered and angry. What they have done seems unreasonable.

However, imagine if the law burst into your home and instead told you specifically why you were in trouble: “We have discovered 10,000 marijuana plants growing in your back yard. You are going away for a long time!” At least then you would understand why you are in trouble. Knowledge of the law you have transgressed furnished you with that understanding. It makes judgment reasonable. Hell-fire preaching without use of the Law to show the sinner why God is angry with him will more than likely leave him bewildered and angry—for what he considers unreasonable
punishment.

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement