Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Changing The Method.....Not The Message

Author Topic: Changing The Method.....Not The Message
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke 14:23
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

Jesus gave the parable about a man who wanted to throw a feast, he invited his guests and prepared the meal. When everything was ready and the food was on the table he sent out his servants to fetch the invited guests to come and celebrate with him. But his servants returned with bad news, everyone that he invited has come kind of an excuse as to why they could not come to the party. But even though I'm sure the man was still disappointed that the ones that invited were not coming that did not stop him from celebrating any way did it? No, he sent his servants out again, this time with a different method....but there message was still the same. "Come to the feast!"

His message was the same, but he told his servants to go out into streets. Find the ones that no one wants in their homes and dress them in fine robes...wedding robes and bring them to my feast. The Bible tells us that he told his servants "compel" the people to come. Do you realize what the word compel means? Look it up in the dictionary, you'll be surprised what it means. A telemarketer who calls you selling magazines is trying to compel you to buy them.

I believe that is what God is saying to us all today, He wants us to be His telemarketer. I know that is a crude comparison, but it's true. Our message should never -- ever change but we need to change our methods. We need to do whatever we can possibly do to bring the message to the world. Don't be guilty of being stuck in a rut, you see there are many people in the world who have never heard of the gospel. There are many people in the world who know about the gospel but it is not desirable for them. You see when you see something on TV advertised it is that commercials job to compel you to want to buy that item. We need to be the same way with the gospel of Jesus.

Don't be guilty of being stuck in a rut of sharing the gospel. God may impress upon you to do or say something that you find strange, but it just might be the method to share the gospel and to bring the joy of salvation into someone's life.

May God's Richest Blessings Be Upon You,
The Shepherd's Wife!

www.theshepherdsheart.com

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement