Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The Little Teacup

Author Topic: The Little Teacup
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we gain victory, we cannot let the devil steal back our joy and rob of us of our peace.

When David killed Goliath it was final - he even cut his head off. Total victory - enemy completely defeated

Through Joshua God allowed the walls of Jeriocho to come tumbling down. Total victory - enemy completely defeated.

When Daniel was in the lion's den, God sent an angel to shut the lions' mouths. He was lifted out the den with not even a scratch on him. Total victory - enemy once again completely defeated.

Tell the devil, the master accuser, that this is his fate -

Psalm 18:42 I ground them as fine as dust carried by the wind. I swept them into the gutter like dirt. You gave me victory over my accusers.

We have to claim our victory and stand on the scriptures.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure many of you have heard this one before. Just when we think that the battles are all won, the Lord sometimes comes along and says "Not yet."

The Teacup -
A couple went into a shop and saw sitting way up on the top shelf, the most gorgeous, the most beautiful, little teacup. They said to each other, "we've just got to have that beautiful teacup for our new home." Just about then, and much to their amazement, the beautiful little teacup began to talk to them.

The teacup said "You know, I haven't always looked like this. There was a time that I was just a hard, cold ugly lump of gray clay. And then one day my Master walked by and picked me up. HE started patting me and rolling me, and punching me and I said,"what are you doing, ouch, stop it, that hurts, don't do that, leave me alone, put me down."
And HE just said
"NOT YET."

Then HE put me on a wheel and starting spinning me around and around and around and I said stop, I'm getting dizzy, I'm getting sick to my stomach, I can't stand it, what's happening? My whole shape is changing, what are you doing to me? Take me off of this.
And HE just said
"NOT YET."

"So my shape had changed and would you believe it? HE began to smear paint all over me. I said, "yuck, that stuff stinks, I can't breathe, I'm dying, stop it, I can't stand it.
And HE just said
"NOT YET."

And then HE put me in an oven and shut the door. The oven had a glass panel in it and HE just stood out there and looked at me. I said, "what's happening, don't you want me, get me out of here, I can't stand this heat, why are you just looking at me, DON'T YOU LOVE ME ANY MORE? GET ME OUT OF HERE, GET ME OUT OF HERE!"
And HE just looked through the door and said,
"NOT YET."

Finally HE opened the door and HE took me out of the oven and I said, "thank GOD that's over" and then HE put me on a shelf to dry. Then HE slapped some more of that awful paint on me and then HE turned that oven back on seven times hotter than before and shoved me back in. I said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I CAN'T STAND IT, I'M DYING, GET ME OUT OF HERE, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I CAN'T STAND IT, THIS IS TOO HOT, GET ME OUT! GET ME OUT!"
And HE just looked through the glass and said
"NOT YET."

Finally one day, HE opened the door, took me out of the oven, set me on the shelf to cool off a while and then he brought a mirror and put it in front of me. I couldn't believe it, I was so different! I WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! I was so CHANGED!. I didn't look even look like that old lump of gray clay any more. And now, people everywhere want me. But you don't want to forget the rolling, the patting, the punching, the reshaping, the wheel turning, the painting, the heat of the oven and the time on the shelf that made me the desirable, useable, functional, instrument that you see before you today.

As told by Minister Joyce Meyer

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement