Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Sermon by my Pastor in Texas

Author Topic: Sermon by my Pastor in Texas
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is the Pastor I was saying that Pastors at 76 for no salary.
I believe that a Pastor is worthy of their pay. If a Pastor works 5 days a week at a job away from the Church, he can't be there when he is needed.
But, I do admire Pastor Trent

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! That's straight and to the point! Good Word!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sermon Print Friendly Version
CLUED IN...TUNED IN...TURNED ON
1 Thessalonians 1:8-1:10

CLUED IN...TUNED IN...TURNED ON

“For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has gone out, so that we do not need to say anything. For they themselves declare concerning us what manner of entry we had to you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.” I Thessalonians 1:8-10 (NKJV)

In the spring of 1969 I was invited to participate in an evangelistic campaign in California organized by the Southern Baptist Convention. The campaign was entitled “Encounter California” and my assignment was with a church in the Oakland area. It was a great opportunity for me since my older sister, whom I had not seen is several years, lived in Oakland.

One afternoon the pastor of the church offered to take me to the Height-Asbury area of San Francisco since there had been so much national publicity regarding that area stemming from the anti-Vietnam war demonstrations regularly occurring there. While observing the scene, my eye caught a banner which read: “WAKE UP AMERICA! GET CLUED IN, TUNED IN AND TURNED ON”.

Of course I understood what the hippie crowd was saying with their banner. I was thinking the same thing...except we were light-years apart in the paths our thoughts were taking. And today...just as in 1969...I agree that we need to wake up and become “clued in”; “tuned in” and “turned on”! Permit me to expand on these things as they relate to the spiritual life of the child of God.

CLUED IN! ...CHRISTIANS NEED TO BE INFORMED!

1.) That all men are sinners. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 NKJV

2.) That sin invokes a terrible penalty. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23 NKJV

3.) There is an inescapable judgment ahead for every person. “And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” Hebrews 9:27.

The lost shall stand before the Great White Throne Judgment described in Revelation 20:11-15. There we read:

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:11-15 (NKJV)

The saved will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ described in I Corinthians 3:11-15. There we read:

“For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 (NKJV)

TUNED IN! ...CHRISTIANS NEED TO BE AWAKE, ALERT AND WATCHFUL!

1.) Awake out of our spiritual sleep. “And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.” Romans 13:11

2.) Alert to the enemy who seeks our undoing. “Be sober; be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8 (NKJV)

3.) Watch for our Lord’s return. "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming…Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.” Matthew 24:42; 44 (NKJV)

TURNED ON!...CHRISTIANS NEED TO BE MOTIVATED TO ACTION!

1.) Commanded to serve;
“But be doers of the word, and not hearers only.” James 1:22 NKJV

2.) Empowered to serve;
“For we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the power may be of God and not of us.” I Corinthians 4:7 NKJV

"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8 (NKJV)

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement