Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Through the Years

Author Topic: Through the Years
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary! It is so very good to see you posting here. You stay away much to much and I know that is because life is so busy, never the less, I am glad to hear your voice and this post is so very much on target! Amen and Amen Sister! [clap2] [clap2] [clap2]

I am reminded of Abraham who was told to leave all and go to a place the Lord would tell him of, but he did not even know where that was when he was told to leave. Imagine if he had not obeyed! We have to be willing to walk behind him... not ahead or beside, but to FOLLOW HIM, even when the very next step is unkonown... we have to trust him moment by moment and FOLLOW in Faith.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many times as we walk in the paths that we find before us. We seem to be searching for the light that will help us clearly see the way. We want a blazing sun to shine always on the path so that we can see miles ahead. The problem with that is that if we can see too far ahead we aren't as ready to trust the LORD JESUS. We don't hold to HIS hand and allow HIM to guide us. We have to remember that we are still children. I know that from teaching kindergarten children one of the hardest lessons to teach them is to wait on me and to follow instructions. We are the same way we want to be independent and run instead of following. We have something inside us that seems to say I can do this on my own. However, when we think this way that is the time we get in the most trouble. GOD needs to be directing our steps daily, hourly, and through every moment in time. Without HIS divine guidance we will find ourselves on the wrong path doing the wrong things. These things may not seem wrong but if the LORD JESUS is not directing them then even the best seemingly good things can be wrong. That is why in Romans Paul wrote that GOD can make good to come out of the situation we have created. It doesn't mean that all things will be good but that through these things we will be able to learn and grow and perhaps avoid those same pitfalls the next time they come our way. I hope that each of you will have a blessed day in our LORD and that this will help you see with spiritual eyes the path you are presently on.

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement