Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » When My Heart Is Overwhelmed!

Author Topic: When My Heart Is Overwhelmed!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 15 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 61
[2] From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

How many times have we faced circumstances and situations that seemed insurmountable? King David was a man that knew first hand all about feeling overwhelmed! Just think of it for a moment, lets just say that you and I were in his shoes? This is what we would have to look forward to every waking moment for several years. First, we would be constantly looking over our shoulder for the enemy. Second, we would be constantly on the move! I was thinking about this one long and hard. I just recently started running in the mornings to try to loose this weight and boy, you talking about pain! I weigh about 240 pounds, and when you have not ran in about 14 years it is a real shock to the system! King David was constantly running from his enemies! I was thinking of how bad my legs have been hurting me lately and I can not imagine constantly being forced to run for extended periods of time!

All of us face things in our lives that seemingly turn our world upside down, however, nothing is ever so bad or to big that our God can not see us through! Some of us are facing severe financial strains, others are facing severe problems with the kids, while some are facing marital problems! We could go on and on about the different problems that are present within our lives but the most important thing that we can do is to turn the situation over to our master's strong hands! You see my friend, try as we may, we can never accurately figure out the situations in our lives to the point of "Fixing the problem!"

Notice what the scripture says..."When my heart is overwhelmed: when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. You see, we have an alternative other than taking matters into our own hands and making a mess of things! Rather than trying to fix the problem ourselves, we are to just simply ask of the Lord the same thing that David asked..."when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I!" As God's children, we need to learn to turn our problems over to him and allow him to "Fix the problems!" Many times we get ourselves into trouble by "Getting ahead of God!" Since we can not see the future to know what is going to happen next, then it should stand to reason that what we really need to be doing, is to go to the Rock of our salvation and allow him to have his will in our lives!

So neighbor, please don't allow the enemy to trick you into a warfare that you can't win, simply arrest the situation in the most capable hands ever, the hands of Jesus Christ!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!
The Shepherd!

We invite you to visit our web site at www.theshepherdsheart.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement