Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » What Is God's Will For My Life?

Author Topic: What Is God's Will For My Life?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Is God's Will For My Life?

1 John 2:17
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever!

I guess this question is asked probably over a million times a day! There is a way however to know the will of God for your life! I would like to share a 5 step process that insures that you are "In the will of God!" If one will follow this 5 step process to the letter, he/she, has to be in the will of God! First let's notice the word "Will" shall we? In the Greek the word "Will" is translated "Thelema" which means..."What one wishes or has determined shall be done. Of the purpose of God to bless mankind through Christ. Of what God wishes to be done by us. Commands, precepts, will, choice, inclination, desire or pleasure!" Now that we have a clear meaning of what the word "Will" means, let's move on now to the 5 step process.

5 steps to knowing God's will for one's life!
You must be Saved! (born again!)
You must be Briefed! (have a daily prayer life!)
You must be Equipped! (spend time in God's word!)
You must be Conditioned! (suffer persecutions!)
You must be Willing! (to be led by the Spirit!)
The first step is a give me! Without Christ in our life, we can not please God! When Christ comes into our life, our nature becomes his nature. As the scripture says..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin!" (Romans 6:3-7) When we come to Christ and Christ comes into our life, there is a "Newness of Life!"

In order to maintain this newness of life, we must have a daily prayer life! We must walk and talk with God! We must have an intimate relationship with the Father in order to take on his nature! Think of a husband and wife? When a man and a woman have been around each other for any length of time, they begin to take on each others mannerisms! So it is with God, the more we draw closer to him, the more he will draw closer to us! If we never took the time to talk to our spouse, friends, family, etc...they would eventually begin to feel unloved and unwanted! I am quite certain that this is much the same way that God must feel when we don't spend time with him!

When we spend time in prayer, we will naturally have a hunger and a thirst for the word of God as well! The word of God is what equips us to be able to war a good warfare! The problem with alot of Christians is that they are not familiar with their weapon! That's right! When we neglect "taking out our weapon" and practicing with it, we will not be able to stand against the onslaught of the enemy! It is the word of God that causes the Devils to shake and tremble, because they themselves realize the awesome power that resides in the very spoken word of God! Let's face it, it was God's spoken word that created the world and everything in it!

The next step most folks don't want anything to do with! Yet, the word tells us..."Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution!" (2 Timothy 3:12) The apostle Paul said it this way..."I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us!"(Romans 8:18) Let's face it, no one like to suffer persecution, but we know from the scriptures that "All who will live Godly in Christ Jesus" is going to suffer persecution! Any time that the people of God had to undergo persecution, the Gospel spread like wild fire! There is just something about when someone tells us we can't do something, that makes us want to prove them wrong! Any time the Godly are put to the test, nothing but the best comes out!

Finally we come to step 5. When one has successfully met the criteria of the first four steps, the only thing left to do, is to just simply "Do whatever you want to do!" Because when you, at that point, begin to do what you want to do, it will not be your will, but the will of the Father! Someone might be thinking to themselves..."say what?" That's right, you read it correctly, when we Give our life to Christ, when we spend time in prayer on a daily basis, when we spend time in God's word and when we are persecuted for Christ's sake, then and only then will we "Know what the will of the Father is for our life" because God will at that point disclose it to us! So the next time you start to say..."I don't know what God's will is for my life!" Stop to think for a moment, have I been..."Saved, briefed, equipped, conditioned and willing?" If you can answer yes to all of these, then you are already in God's perfect will!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!
The Shepherd!
We invite you to visit our web site at www.theshepherdsheart.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement