Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » When Satan Rains...God Sends An Umbrella!

Author Topic: When Satan Rains...God Sends An Umbrella!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Satan Rains...God Sends An Umbrella!

Matt. 5
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

I cannot count the number of times that I have heard folks say..."I just don't understand why God allows bad things to come upon good people?" As we consider today's scriptures, we can see a very eye opening fact...It not only rains on the just, but it rains on the unjust as well! You see folks, Satan is about his business today to try to cause as many people as he can, to get discouraged and throw in the towel! We just recently had something happen in one of our families that caused quite a stir among several of our family members. Can I tell us today that Satan is in overdrive, when it comes to tearing families apart! Neighbor we must guard against his evil devices!

The way that we do this, is by the use of God's umbrella! That's right! When the enemy comes in like a flood, God has promised to lift up a standard against him! When Satan brings these type of distractions, and that is exactly what they are, distractions, we need to cover ourselves with God's great umbrella! Sometimes Satan sends rain in a midst. Other times, he sends it in a steady stream, while still other times, he sends a downpour! No matter what kind of rain it is, God's umbrella can handle it just fine! The trouble with a lot of folks is, that they would rather stand out in the rain than get under the umbrella!

So neighbor, today we have two choices. We can either get ourselves wet with Satan's rain or we can stay nice and dry and warm under God's mighty umbrella! what will you choose today? Just remember neighbor..."When Satan Rains, God will supply the umbrella!!!"

May God's richest blessings be upon you!
The Shepherd!

We invite you to visit our web site at www.theshepherdsheart.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement