Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » All but twelve left and one was a devil

Author Topic: All but twelve left and one was a devil
Spurgeon
Advanced Member
Member # 3401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spurgeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do people let you down? You know what Jesus was going to face, but these words much surely hurt He who came to save those who rejected Him

quote:
John 6:64-71 KJV
64: But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
65: And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66: From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
67: Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68: Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69: And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
70: Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
71: He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

Jesus stayed here for us even though when He revealed himself, all but twelve departed him (verse 66). And of those twelve, one would betray Him.

How many of us would have stopped there?

When you think you might not be able to love everyone as the Bible commands, remember that Jesus loved us so much, that he stayed here despite personal rejection, ridicule, betrayal, beatings, and death. That's how much God loves you.

Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement