Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Tears

Author Topic: Tears
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Click Here for music.)
Rev. 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Did you know that tears are a language? That's right, tears are a form of body language! Think about it, when we are sad, we some times shed tears. When we are very scared, we some times shed tears. When we are extremely happy, we sometimes shed tears! No matter what the emotion, we seem to always express ourselves best with tears! I guess you could sum it up the best by saying..."Tears are a language that God understands!"

I am so glad that there is coming a day when we will never again shed a tear because of a passing loved one or a harsh word or a feeling of loneliness! Although tears can be an outward expression of sadness, loss and pain I guess the one thing that I will miss about tears more than anything else, is that I will no longer be able to express my love for the Lord in that fashion! Did you know that Pss. 56:8 says..."put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?" Talk about a deep concept! The psalmist must have really been feeling some really intense emotions when he wrote that one! How many times have we found ourselves in a place where we were wondering "where is God in this?"

I am sure that we all could tell some stories of circumstances in our lives. One of the best things about tears is that they get God's attention! Think about it, when a parent sees their child crying, what is the first thing out of their mouth? That's right, "what's wrong?" Ezek. 24:16 says..."Son of man, behold, I take away from thee the desire of thine eyes with a stroke: yet neither shalt thou mourn nor weep, neither shall thy tears run down." Just like a loving parent, God's first goal when he sees us in tears is to make them stop! What does a parent do when they see their child in tears? That's right, they do what they can to put a stop to them. You see, God does not like to see his children hurting, and he has the ability with just a stroke of his hand to cause them to cease!

There is a song that my wife and I often sing on mother's day and it goes like this..."She could kiss away the tears and hurt, that no one else could see! The little things that always seemed, so big and bad to me! God made the color of the ocean, from the blue in Mama's eyes and put some magic, in the touch of Mama's hands!" Aren't you so glad that we have a God who loves us so much that he is able to, with the stroke of his hand, seemingly take away all the hurt instantaneously? So remember my friend, the next time you shed tears, you have a Heavenly Father who sees your tears and knows just exactly how to, with the stroke of his hand, dry them up!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!
The Shepherd!

We invite you to visit our web site at www.theshepherdsheart.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement