Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » It Wasn't Me!

Author Topic: It Wasn't Me!
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN !

[clap2]

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It Wasn't Me!

Gen. 3
[9] And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
[10] And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
[11] And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
[12] And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat!

It wasn't me! Ever heard that one before? It seems like that is so often a Childs famous last words! As I began to think about this phrase I began to realize that there are certain pending circumstances that cause one to utter these infamous words! Take for instance the consequences of being found guilty by Dad! I can remember growing up hearing the all famous words... "You just wait until your Dad gets home, boy are you going to get it!" That was all me and my brother needed to hear and the race was off! It was now time to see who could be the most convincing to "Dad" so to speak!

How many times do we do the very same thing with our Heavenly Father? God tells us to do something and so many times for whatever reason we fail to do what he has asked! What do we do? Well I'll tell ya what we do, we begin to make every excuse there is known to man! Something like these: "Lord I really wanted to do it but there was that appointment that you know I just could not break!" Or "Lord I was about to it and just as I was getting my Bible out, the phone rang and before I knew it, it was time for bed and I was just too tired, sorry!" Or "I would be able to do so much more, if I just had some dedicated people to help me accomplish it!" Do any of these sound familiar? Well I can tell you this much, they sound very familiar to God, in fact all too familiar!

You know my friend, we need to cease from making so many excuses and seek to just simply obey the voice of our Father! With it being Father's day, I would encourage all of you to remember to do something very special for your Fathers! Yep, you heard me right, I said your Father(S)! First, your Heavenly Father and then your biological Father! You know, if we look hard enough, any of us could find something negative to remember growing up, however, I choose to remember the good times that me and my Dad had together! So go ahead, share with your Father, just how special he is to you this week! Remember, "There's only one life, it will soon be past and only what's done for Christ will last!" Love on your Daddy's this week, while you still have the chance! Instead of saying..."Wasn't me!" Say..."It was me Dad, simply because I Love You! God bless you all!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!

The Shepherd!

We invite you to visit our web site at www.theshepherdsheart.com it is continually being updated, so please check back often to see what we have added.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement