Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Gona Run On Home Now!

Author Topic: Gona Run On Home Now!
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...let us run with patience
the race that is set before us...."

Hebrews 12:1

Though the present path be steep and rocky,
What lies ahead unknown,
Let us run with patience, Lord,
the race that is set before us.

Though friends may fail and desert us,
Foes ever present be,
Help us run with patience, Lord,
The race that is set before us.

Keep us faithful always to You
Whatever the path we trod
That we might run with patience, Lord,

And through it all may we praise Your Name,
For it is only by Your power,
That we can run with patience, Lord,

Faith L. Derickson

"Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look
straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let
all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor
to the left: remove thy foot from evil."
Proverbs 4:25-27, KJV

"Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey
the truth?" Galatians 5:7, KJV

"Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the
day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured
in vain."
Philippians 2:16, KJV

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this
one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I
press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of
God in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:13-14, KJV

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one
receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every
man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all
things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we
an incorruptible: I therefore so run, not as uncertainly: so
fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under
my body and bring it into subjection: lest that by any
means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a
castaway."
1 Corinthians 9:24-27, KJV

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my
departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have
finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there
is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord,
the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to
me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:6-8, KJV

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great
a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the
sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with
patience the race that is set before us. Looking unto Jesus
the author and finisher of our faith: who for the joy that
was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For
consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners
against himself lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds."
Hebrews 12:1-3, KJV

"...be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a
crown of life."
Revelation 2:10b, KJV

"And, behold, I come quickly: and my reward is with me, to
give every man according as his work shall be."
Revelation 22:12, KJV

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gona Run On Home Now!

Hebrews 12:1
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us!

When I think about running, I can't help but think about Elijah when he "ran" before Ahab the king and his chariot! The scripture tells us in 1 Kings 45-46..."And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel. And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel." Can you just imagine that? The power of God is so incomprehensible! but what I really want to deal with today is this whole thing of running the race!

Notice today's scripture text..."Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses." Did you know that all heaven is watching us? That's right, we have one more serious "Hallelujah Course" cheering us on! I don't know how many of you are preachers and teachers but those of you who are can certainly relate to me when I say it helps to have a "Amen Corner" Amen? Can I get an Amen brothers? Can I get an Amen sisters? There is no feeling quite like know that what you are saying is connecting with someone! Now I just happen to be a Pentecostal preacher and us Pentecostals are known sometimes for getting a little "beside ourselves" when we preach! That's right! I love to feel God's awesome anointing on me when I preach! There are those times when the anointing is so great upon me that I begin to show it in an outward way, but the most profound of all is when I get the urge to "Run The Isle".

Running can be exhilarating or it can be exhausting, depending on your mind set and physical condition! I have noticed since I have been running and speed walking lately that my endurance is beginning to increase! It is much the same way in God! Now is no time to "Throw In The Towel" we need to run like there is no tomorrow! Notice the next part of the verse... "let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us!"
Do you realize just how easy it is to "loose your motivation"? Once one allows themselves to be "weighted down" or "transgress God's law" they find themselves without strength to continue on! The weightier matters cause them to "slow down" while the guilt of sin causes them to "feel condemnation" to the point of many times giving up!

Oh but thank God for the latter portion of the scripture..."let us run with patience the race that is set before us!" We can be victorious in our race, so long as we allow God's word to penetrate our being everyday! That's right, everyday! When we go for long periods of time without filling our spirit man with God's word, we can be sure that Satan is going to "fill it" with his garbage! There is an old song that says..."Gona run on home now, I hear them call'en me! I see the lights, of that city! and when I get there, I'll never have a care! I'm gona run on home now, they're waiting for me there!"

How about it neighbor? Are you running or are you thinking about throwing in the towel? I hope you are begging to "feel the burn" and allowing God to "exhilarate you" with his Spirit!

May God's richest blessings be upon you!

The Shepherd!

The Shepherd's Heart - Click Here

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement