Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Your Work And Labor

Author Topic: Your Work And Labor
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A place for your mind to dwell."

Your Work And Labor

Heb 6:10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

I have dropped by with a warning: John wrote of your future, “I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.”(Rev 20:12)

My friend, you and I are going to stand before God, and everything we have ever done, will appear before us. God’s Word states that we will be “judged, each one according to his works.”(Rev 20:13)

I don’t know about you, but there are failures in my past, that I am not anxious to have brought to light. Nonetheless, that will be an extremely solemn time, because some will suffer heavy loss while others will receive a great reward. Please understand that I am not referring to salvation here; salvation is never a reward for services rendered, it is simply a “gift of God,”(Rom 6:23) offered to everyone who accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior. However, rewards are different, they are tied to your service/works.

Remember that Jesus had much to say, about the rewards due those who serve Him; those who do His father’s will. Remember the harsh words describing the man who hid his talent and did not serve. Don’t ever forget that Jesus called him a “wicked and lazy servant.”(Matt 25:26) He then proceeded to take away what he had been given.

Let me warn you of another despicable thing in God’s sight; that of performing Christian service, so that others will be sure to notice it. Should you do that, He says you will lose your reward in heaven. Jesus stated, “Take heed, that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.”(Mat 6:1) In the event that you do that, whether it be making sure others observe what you are dropping in the offering plate, or helping at the church dinner, whatever may have been set aside for your benefit is lost, and your total gain is nothing more than the recognition of others.

My friend, if you really want to receive the “reward” that God has promised you for service to Him, serve out of love! The more I learn about my wife; the more I get to know her; the more I enjoy serving her. When you have that attitude, it is you who is benefitting most from your service!

The more you honor God with your service, the more He will honor you for your service; and the cycle goes on and on and on and - -! My friend, “do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”(Heb 6:12)

The ball is in your hands; you can shoot, or let someone else accumulate points. Eternity is a very long time to think about what you could have had. Think about it!

Bro.Russ McDonald
Read More

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement