Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » A Spirit Filled Life

Author Topic: A Spirit Filled Life
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A place for your mind to dwell."

A Spirit Filled Life

Psa 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have already received the Holy Spirit, you have already got all of Him you’re ever going to get, nonetheless, it still is possible, that you will not enjoy a Spirit-filled life.

Christendom suffers a great deal of confusion in this matter, and there are those, who pursue a greater "filling" of the Holy Spirit, stressing signs and manifestations, as evidence of a "Spirit-filled" condition. It is not my purpose to debate doctrine, via the Daily Meditations, nonetheless, there is one thing that I believe we can all agree on: We experience a Spirit-filled life, when we live under the domination and control, of the Holy Spirit; a life that is fully surrendered to Him.

My friend, it doesn’t make any difference what signs, or manifestations you may have experienced, if you are not fully surrendered to Him, if you have carved out, and reserved, a section of your life for yourself, you are not living a “Spirit-filled life!” You may argue, "Wait a minute preacher; if at salvation I received all of the Holy Spirit I’m ever going to get, how can I ever live a life that is less than Spirit-filled?" Let’s illustrate that by observing a parent-child relationship.

Suppose a mother has a rebellious child. Is the child still under the authority of their mother? Absolutely!! Because of their position, the child is under the authority of their mother, even though he/she chooses to be disobedient, and is not functioning as their mother would have them. However, when the child repents, and changes course, then the perfect relationship is restored.

So it is with you, as a “Child of God,” (John 1:12) should you disobey, and you will, (Smile) and then repent to your heavenly Father, you are immediately able to again experience the "Spirit-filled life."

Let me make it plain, and simple: You can be filled with the Spirit, and still not allow the Holy Spirit to control you. However, when you come to your senses, and give control of your life to the Holy Spirit, then, and only then, will you be living a “Spirit-filled life.”

My friend, there is a vast difference between being "filled" with the Holy Spirit, and allowing yourself to be “controlled” by the Holy Spirit! Give the Holy Spirit control of your life.
Bro. Russ McDonald

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement