Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » You’re An Ambassador

Author Topic: You’re An Ambassador
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 4 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A place for your mind to dwell."

You’re An Ambassador

2 Cor 5:20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God.

God’s Word states that you, as a child of His, are His “ambassador.” It would seem to make sense, that one must first understand what an “ambassador” is, before being able to carry out the expected duties.

The Greek word used for “ambassador,” is: “presbeuo, pres-byoo'-o;” meaning: 1. to act as a representative. 2. to be an ambassador.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines an “ambassador” as:

1. A diplomatic official of the highest rank appointed and accredited as representative in residence by one government or sovereign to another, usually for a specific length of time.

When one accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they become a “[child] of God.”(John 1:12) My friend, you, as a Christian, are a member of God’s family; you are His “representative.” As His “representative,” you are not permitted make policy, you are to represent God’s policy. You may be living in a contemporary society, nonetheless, you do not have the right to change God’s policies, to fit your contemporary lifestyle.

Jesus instructed you to “go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature;”(Mark 16:15) that’s your assignment; that’s your duty; that’s what God expects of you! The word used for “gospel,” is euaggelion, yoo-ang-ghel'-ee-on; meaning: 1. a good message. 2. the gospel. My friend, it’s God’s message, not your ideas, that you are to “preach!”

You have been instructed to carry out your assignment for a “specific length of time,” for as long as you are alive!

2. A diplomatic official heading his or her country's permanent mission. Did you notice that an “ambassador’s” duty is represent his “country’s” mission? As an “ambassador” for God, your job is not to build your own kingdom, nor to represent contemporary ideas; you are serving a God, who has said of Himself, “I am the LORD, I do not change!”(Mal 3:6)

3. An authorized messenger or representative. My friend, you are an “authorized messenger or representative,” of the “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS;”(Rev 19:16) the One who “does not change!”

I’ve written all this, to get to this point: Stop attempting to change God’s principles to fit your contemporary lifestyle!!! God “will not change,” you had better!!! He is the “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS;” He is royalty; He expects, and deserves to be respected, and treated that way.

Now, act like an “ambassador,” in the way you talk, act and dress. You’re representing the “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS,” not an advertising agency, attempting to draw individuals to your particular church. Yes, anyone should be welcome into your church, regardless of what they are wearing!!! However, you can’t accomplish that by dressing like a beach-bum; you accomplish it by putting your arms around them and demonstrating love, even if they’ve slept in a cardboard box on the street.

My friend, the homeless and the lost, won’t respect you if you attempt to dress like them, speak like them and act like them; they come into your church to find a better way; show it to them!!!

You won’t get a sinner’s attention with “mess,” that’s available at the club; you’ll grab their attention when they observe something about you, that’s ‘different;’ you’ll get their attention when they observe you dressing, acting, talking and living, like you have an appointment with your boss, the “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS!”

You’re God’s Ambassador; now act like it!

Bro. Russ McDonald

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement