Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Troubling Times II

Author Topic: Troubling Times II
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 2 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A place for your mind to dwell."

Troubling Times II

Rom 8:38,39 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So you think you’re persecuted!!! It seems, like every day, that I receive E-Mail telling how Christians in other countries are being beaten, murdered, stoned and left for dead, their places of worship destroyed, and much more; “do you really think you’re being persecuted?” I have stopped by today with some troubling news; “It is going to get much worse, and it is coming to the United States of America!!!” When that happens, will you be able to say, like Job did, “He also shall be my salvation!”(Job 13:16)

Other than Jesus, there probably has never been anyone who has been, or is being subjected to testing like Job endured. Remember, it was God Himself, who said to satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”(Job 1:8) Nonetheless, that didn’t exempt him from extraordinary testing.

Remember how Job’s friends mocked him; they labeled him as being a phoney and a sinner, as he lost all his family while his acquisitions were stripped from him. They watched as he was afflicted with unimaginable pain and horrifying “boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head;”(“Job 2:7 ) “do you really think you’re being persecuted?”

At times, do you feel God, whom you have faithfully served as best you can, is ignoring you? Do you wonder why you’re “going through?” Are you able to say, when you don’t have a clue where your next mortgage payment is coming from, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked shall I return there. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; Blessed be the name of the LORD.” (Job 1:21) Are you able to neither, “sin nor charge God with wrong.”(V:22)

Can you say, “though He slay me, yet will I trust Him!”(Job 13:15) Are you able to “walk through the valley of the shadow of death,” and say, “I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”(Psa 23:4)

When you come to the point that you can look at your problems, as David and Job did, then you can focus on what is awaiting you from God, rather than what is going on now.

Try it; “He knows the way that [you] take; When He has tested [you], [you] shall come forth as gold.”(V:10 )

Bro. Russ McDonald

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement