Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Troubling Times

Author Topic: Troubling Times
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daily Meditation
"A place for your mind to dwell."

Troubling Times

James 1:2,3 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

So you think you’re being persecuted; what’s new??? Didn’t Jesus warn you that you should expect it? Remember how He said something that was difficult to understand; He instructed you to “Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven.”(Mat 5:12)

Are you wondering, “How in the world can I do that?” Peter wrote, “In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”(1 Pet 1:6,7)

My friend, trials and persecution, are tests that reveal the “true” nature of your trust in God; they unveil the “real you.” When you endure persecution, and come through it, you will find your faith strengthened and your confidence growing.

1. Purification: It could be that there is some mess in your life, and God is using persecution as a purifying agent. Take an honest look at what you are filling your mind with. If it is sex, violence, profanity and etc, that saturates the TV and movies, you can be certain that God is not happy with what you are allowing to corrupt your intellect. Don’t be deceived by the father of lies, into thinking you can just block out the bad, and enjoy what is left, without being demoralized.

Don’t be surprised when your heavenly Father, uses adverse situations to grab your attention, and turn you back to Himself! Don’t be surprised, when He allows hurt, which will cause you to scrutinize your own behavior; behavior that He has tolerated for years, and is now saying, “Enough!” My friend, when you acknowledge the things that shouldn’t be there, you will start to understand how persecution can propel you to God, in order to be cleansed.

2. Brokenness: You will find, that God often breaks one’s stubborn will, via persecution, and prepares you to be useful for His cause. My friend, until your self-confidence, pride and self-centeredness are shattered, there is no way you are qualified to be useful to God!!! Persecution has a way of driving you to humility; it can prove your faith and purify your life.

When you fully comprehend, what I have just written, you will be able to “rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven,”(Luke 6:23) therefore, “let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”(James 1:4)

If you are being persecuted, you will often need to look inward, not outward, to find the real reason. Go ahead; be honest with yourself!

By Brother Russ McDonald

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement