Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Christian Bashing

Author Topic: Christian Bashing
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
Oh yea dude, man, I've argued with some atheists and told them how people will disappear(RAPTURE), and they just think they're so smart. I my gosh, that's gonna be SOOOOOOOO Hilarious when those punks KNOW that Christians were RIGHT. HAHHAHAHA. Man, God shouldn't be a mystery.

J4Jesus,

I'm not trying to "preach" to you, but hopefully teach, in that there should never be any joy, nor laughing at the thought of unbelievers perishing in hell. I know that it can be so frustrating when their stubbornness will not allow them to acknowledge God's calling. But none-the-less, they are still God's creation. We are to love everyone, friend or enemy. They (sinners) mean so much to Him that Jesus said "Just so I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents then over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." (Luke 15:7)

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JP
Advanced Member
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the many reasons that Christians are so looked down upon in today's world are the acts of a few who claim to be Christians, but are actually acting in a hateful manner. For example, the fight against homosexuality. There are "Christians" making statements like "God doesn't love f@gs!" and things of that nature. This couldn't be farther from the truth. God loves each and every one of us, no matter what sins we have committed. Could be homosexuality, adultery, murder, you name it, He loves us. He doesn't love the sin, but He loves the sinner.

Thus as Christians, we can (and should) hate homosexuality, but NOT the person participating in it. The correct response would be to minister to him or her and let them know just how much they are loved by Jesus.

I use homosexuality only as one small example of the many things done in the name of Christianity that are completely against what Jesus would have done. THIS is what makes people despise Christianity.

The best thing that we, as Christians, can do is turn the other cheek as Jesus instructed and let our light for Him shine through as an example of what being a Christian TRULY is.

--------------------
John
http://www.christianscorner.com

I believe!

Posts: 36 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salti
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too often Christians cause the attacks on themselves. We need to watch carefully our words and actions, that we are blameless and have not incited such attacks by being hypocritical or hateful to others.

We have an obligation to pray for those who despise us and to be an example for them. When we focus on how we have been wronged or attacked, we are not bringing God any glory. Rather, let our response to them be in the reflection of Christ and let our attitudes be holy.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is just the beginning. brothers and sisters it is time to get serious! Jesus is coming soon!!!

"Yea, all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." II Tim 3:12

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we will be hated in this world but here are a few answer to those comments:
1 God gives people free will. All those evil things in the world like war and terrorism are all caused by man. How can we put God in the dock?
2 It was humans that brought suffering into the world to start with. Can we seriously blame God?

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightForHim
Community Member
Member # 1965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightForHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paula,

Being in Christ is enmity with the world. Our brothers and sisters have been killed over the centuries for their testimony. Emperor Nero of Rome used to cover Christians with pitch, tie them to a post and use them to light his gardens at night. This world is not our home.

The Bible clearly tells us that the world will hate us. Jesus told us to rejoice, and be exceedingly glad because our reward would be great in heaven. We may never be called upon to sacrifice our lives (maybe), but we certainly are not immune from the slings and arrows of those who hate the testimony of Christ. Cheeer up, the battle has already been faught and won.

--------------------
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 11 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, in the car, I was flipping through the radio dial when I came accross a talk radio station. The DJ called a Chrisitan who had dared to complain to him in a letter, extremly crude names. I was shocked that this kind of language was allowed on the radio. The DJ then told this person that he was the reason that the DJ was proud to be on the opposite side of Christians. He then told the guy to go do something with himself. ( I have no need to tell you what that was) But what was so sad is the DJ thought he was cool bragging about the fact that he is the opposite of a Christian. What we as Christians know is that if he doesen't see the error of his ways he will spend an eternity in hell. So, sad that his few minutes of fame will be worth nothing then.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it nice to have a forum like this to come to when we're seeking refuge or need a word of encouragement and understanding! There are so many wonderful, uplifting posts in this section, and I'm always blessed when I read the input of other Christians. Thanks to all of you and may God Bless you in return!
[youpi]

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Mike
Advanced Member
Member # 2142

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pastor Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Promises points out with the Scriptures cited, Jesus fully told us that we will be reviled just as He was reviled when He was here. I don't think that we need to worry about defending ourselves from attack. God will take care of that problem even if it has to come when those who attack pass away. Rather, let us just emphasize what we believe after listening to others' opinions politely. If we have been willing to listen to their opinion, then we may be given opportunity to share as well. We don't win people by arguing with them but by sharing our faith as God gives us opportunity. When those who revile us come to a point in which they have nowhere to turn, they may just appear on our doorsteps because they know we have something that gives us peace in every circumstance. Those who are without Christ will come to a point of facing facts. So let us share and pray for them (for the Bible tells us to pray even for our enemies). Thanks
Posts: 55 | From: Staunton, IL | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yea dude, man, I've argued with some atheists and told them how people will disappear(RAPTURE), and they just think they're so smart. I my gosh, that's gonna be SOOOOOOOO Hilarious when those punks KNOW that Christians were RIGHT. HAHHAHAHA. Man, God shouldn't be a mystery.

I got a question though on some Revelation stuff.

God doesn't want people to be separated from Him in hell, but then why does He send 200 million horsemen to kill POTENTIAL Christians? Unless He has seen in their Hearts that they WON'T repent. I don't know. I can't wait. We're in the end times. And again, it's not a bad thing. We're going to HEAVEN!! It's play time.

Now that it's on, we Out in front of this Marathon, with our Armon On, stay strong we Drive On, our Echelon, pressing on, till we Reach the Top, and you know we don't stop.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
promises
Advanced Member
Member # 1993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for promises     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup,

Read the following:

Matthew
5:10-12; 10:7-42; 23:34-35; 24:10-13

Luke
6:22-38; 21:12-19

John
7:7; 15:18-27

Romans
12:9-21

Then:

When you encounter one of those folks...

Be glad in that day and leap for joy...

because you are truly blessed...

knowing that you are truly His.

Praise the Lord!

--------------------
His Alone

Posts: 144 | From: Southern CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paula
Advanced Member
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's become cool, popular and rebellious to hate Christianity and Christians. It seems that lately, political and current affairs message boards have become so full of anti-Christian posts made by atheists, agnostics, neo-pagans, etc. Their most common comments are:

1)Christians are the cause of all the world's problems. If everyone was a [fill in the blank] like me, the world would have no problems.

2)Christians are evil because they want everyone to be like them.

3)Christians are hypocrites. (Notice hypocrisy of statement #1 and #2.)

4)Christians are always forcing people to convert to their religion.

5)Christians are hateful because they are intolerant. (And yet, the same people who say this go around speaking hateful words like the ones in this post constantly.)

I've tried responding to the accusations many times in different ways (as have others) in order to dispel these stereotypes, but it just seems to snowball and pick up speed. European forums seem to be the worst as they are very anti-American, anti-war in Iraq, etc.

My conclusion is there are people in the world whose purpose it is to incite hatred by spreading propaganda against both the U.S. and Christianity, and also to drive wedges between Christians and Jews. The message seems to be if the world were free of religion (especially Christianity) there would be no wars at all. They even refer to the war in Iraq as the "Christian War" or "Bush's War."

I can fill volumes with the nonsense I've been reading, including "Christians are anti-science and are holding up progress because they don't believe in cloning and stem cell research."

There are other Christians on these boards who, like me, take the time to rebut these stereotypes, which often proves frustrating and futile, but who still still persevere. Of course, there are some Christians who get fed up and leave. Any advice?

Posts: 90 | From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement