Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Harvest Time

Author Topic: Harvest Time
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story David and a great message for all of us. There is a song by Sarah Groves on this subject and I love the lyrics...

I can taste the fruit of Eve
I’m aware of sickness, death and disease
The results of our choices are vast
Eve was the first but she wasn’t the last

And if I were honest with myself
Had I been standing at that tree
My mouth and my hands would be covered with fruit
Things I shouldn’t know and things I shouldn’t see

Remind me of this with every decision
Generations will reap what I sow
I can pass on a curse or a blessing
To those I will never know

She taught me to fear the serpent
I’m learning the fear myself
And all of the things I am capable of
In my search for wisdom, acceptance and wealth

And to say that the devil made me do it
Is a cop out and a lie
The devil can’t make me do anything
When I’m calling on Jesus Christ

To my great, great, great grand daughter
Live in peace
To my great, great, great grand son
Live in peace
To my great, great, great grand daughter
Live in peace
To my great, great, great grand son
Live in peace, oh, live in peace

Oh, remind me
Oh, I may never know

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A man reaps what he sows." -- Galations 6:7 (NIV)

My friend Bonnie was given a clear demonstration of the principle on reaping and sowing. It occurred several years ago, when she was outside eating tomatoes. When she finished, she threw the core filled with seeds into the vacant lot next door to her.

The following year her neighbor who owned this lot came to her door. She was carrying something in her hands to offer Bonnie. She explained, "I found some wild tomatoes growing in my empty lot. . .and I have no idea where they came from. Would you like a few?"

Bonnie stood in awe, as she thought about the principle of reaping and sowing. Who would have ever thought that these seeds she carelessly threw away last year would sprout up as new tomatoes?

We have all experienced that popular saying, what goes around comes around. It is another way of expressing God's principle of sowing and reaping.

We need to think about the seeds we are planting that will come back to us. We plant a variety of them daily. Seeds such as kindness and encouragement better ourselves and others. Seeds of bitterness and jealousy, poison our soul, causing us and others to be miserable. Seeds of diligence and perseverance for our health, finances, career, or relationships, when continually planted, can help us reap a blessing in these areas. However, the opposing seeds, of laziness and self- centeredness are sometimes carelessly tossed without a thought, just as Bonnie tossed those tomato seeds into the field.

God is our Gardner, instructing us to watch what we plant, and where we are planting. The choice is ours. It helps remembering that harvest time, the day when we get back what we give, will come.

Annettee Budzban, Eternal Ink Ministries, www.eternal-ink.com

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement