Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » What do I do now daddy?

Author Topic: What do I do now daddy?
livetoserve
Community Member
Member # 769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livetoserve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote that devotion a while ago and still every time i read it, it impacts me a great deal. I get great joy from watching my niece grow up and observe her innocence and purity. I've learned so much from her and from my nephew who just turned 3 yesterday.

Yes you read that right... I Learn a lot from my niece and nephew. How could I not? Both of them neel down by their beds at night and without the pollutants and stresses of this world on their mind they talk to Jesus. It's an awesome site to see.

Thanks for the kind words about the devotion Gary.

Praise Jesus,

Scott

--------------------
Christmas comes but once a year but that doesn't mean ya can't celebrate the Birth of Christ every day of the year!! \o/

Posts: 16 | From: Maryland | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, David, for this great article.

This is something that has been on my mind a lot in recent months. How simple it is to turn to God in childlike trust. You don't have to become a theologian to be saved. There are millions of Christians who have been born-again who couldn't tell you the difference between propitiation and atonement. There are millions who, like me, know very little or no Greek and Hebrew. But we just turn to Him and say Abba - Daddy.

It's so easy to get caught up in the idea that we all have to be deeply involved in Bible study; some people even believe to be saved you must continue to study and learn, or you will lose your salvation because you didn't keep up with where you should be. But what about all the people who were saved through the dark ages, who couldn't read the scriptures for themselves, who could only know what their pastor or priest told them? What about the mentally retarded who can't read, who have only a minimal understanding of spiritual things?

A childlike faith. That's the key!

Paul told us that not too many of us should desire to be teachers, because teachers will be held accountable for what they teach. Learning is good, but too much knowledge only puffs us up.

Some of us can teach. Some of us can even be theologians. But we all can turn to Christ in child-like faith, in fact, Jesus says we must!

Didn't Jesus say that on that day many will say to Him, "Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, and heal in your name, and do many other things in your name?" But only those with childlike faith will get into the Kingdom.

Don't get too involved in knowing about Christ. What we need to do is know Christ himself.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do I do now daddy?

This morning I was standing alongside a small field where i was watching my 4 year old niece and many other small children chase a soccer ball. Just then the instructor blows a whistle and yells out,"Ok, everyone come over here and sit in a circle.", and i stand in amazement at the obedience of such small children.

Quickly they all scurried over and sat in somewhat of a lopsided circle but a circle nonetheless. I watched closely and listened to every instruction and stood amazed at how quickly and exactly the children followed the instructions. After a few short minutes I said one small prayer. "Make me like a small child Father and show me, What do I do now daddy?"
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and becomelike little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 18:3-4 NIV
It's amazing to watch these kids hear an instruction and immediately follow it. They don't have all the "Life Experience" or "Intuition" to hinder them or tell them that they know better than God. They hear, they comprehend, they react. Simple as that.

How many times have you seen or heard someone say something foul and a parent looks at that person and says,"Watch it there's children in the room.", or something to that effect? Imediately that person apoligizes and for the rest of the time they are in that childs presence(and probably for much time to come) they are very careful about what they say and how they say it.

Another example, Someone is in a bad mood and is griping to you and your child walks up and gives you a hug around your leg and says, "I Love You Mommy" or "I Love You Daddy" Most often that person will quickly change their attitude and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is what? ... You guessed it! They say, "Awwww, How cute" or "How sweet".
From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of you enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger - Psalm 8:2 NIV
That child has the power to fend off evil just by simply saying a few simple words in praise to their daddy or mommy.

We should all strive to have the faith of a child. Strive to hear a direction from our daddy in heaven, comprehend it and react. Carry out his instruction. We would all be a lot better off in this world today, if we would just take a spontaneous moment once in a while and say "I Love You Daddy!! Thank You for loving me!!"

Until next time keep serving as Jesus did!!

Praise Jesus,

Scott
http://www.living2serve.net

[dance]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement