Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » CARNAL MIND!!!!

Author Topic: CARNAL MIND!!!!
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Man, I'm just sooo messed up in the head right now. I mean, my mind judges folks for no reason, it says bad things like "i love satan", and I mean, I can't even listen to the word satan, without it getting in my head. I wanna get to the point to where, I have JOY, no hypocrisy, to where I AM DISGUSTED at even the word SIN. And to where I have FAITH. WHEN WILL GOD CHANGE ME?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem I read is that you are depending in what you have done (I've accepted Christ, I was even Baptized when I was younger.) to change your life. It is not you who bring any change (s) in your life but God.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Oh this isn't good. Am I an enemy of God now or something? I've accepted Christ, I was even Babtized when I was younger, what's going on? I don't understand. What do I have to do?
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What to do when you need Confidence [wave3] [wiggle7]

(Philippians 4:13 KJV)
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

(Hebrews 13:6 KJV)
So that we may boldly say, The Lord {is} my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

(Hebrews 10:35-36 KJV)
(35) Cast not away therefore your conf- idence, which hath great recompence of reward. (36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

(Philippians 1:6 KJV)
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform {it} until the day of Jesus Christ:

(Habakkuk 3:19 KJV)
The Lord God {is} my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' {feet}, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

(Romans 8:37 KJV)
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

(1 John 5:14-15 KJV)
(14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: (15) And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

(John 14:12 KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater {works} than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

(Zechariah 4:6 KJV)
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This {is} the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

(Isaiah 43:2 KJV)
When thou passest through the waters, I {will be} with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

(Proverbs 3:26 KJV)
For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

(2 Corinthians 7:16 KJV)
I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all {things}.

(Ephesians 3:12 KJV)
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

(1 John 3:21 KJV)
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, {then} have we confidence toward God.

(Isaiah 40:31 KJV)
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew {their} strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; {and} they shall walk, and not faint.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

What the Bible has to say about the Carnal Mind

(Romans 8:6-8 KJV)
(6) For to be carnally minded {is} death; but to be spiritually minded {is} life and peace. (7) Because the carnal mind {is} enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

(Galatians 6:8 KJV)
(8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

(James 4:4 KJV)
(4) Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

(Proverbs 14:12 KJV)
(12) There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof {are} the ways of death.

(Philippians 3:18-19 KJV)
(18) (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, {that they are} the enemies of the cross of Christ: (19) Whose end {is} destruction, whose God {is their} belly, and {whose} glory {is} in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

(1 Timothy 5:6 KJV)
(6) But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth.

(2 Timothy 2:4,22 KJV)
(4) No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of {this} life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (22) Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

(2 Timothy 3:2-7 KJV)
(2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, (3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, (4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; (5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (6) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, (7) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

(1 Peter 2:11 KJV)
(11) Dearly beloved, I beseech {you} as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

(1 John 2:15-17 KJV)
(15) Love not the world, neither the things {that are} in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. (16) For all that {is} in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. (17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

(Romans 12:1-2 KJV)
(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, {which is} your reasonable service. (2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what {is} that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

(Philippians 2:5 KJV)
(5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

(Isaiah 26:3 KJV)
(3) Thou wilt keep {him} in perfect peace, {whose} mind {is} stayed {on thee}: because he trusteth in thee.

(Colossians 3:2,5 KJV)
(2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. (5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

(Philippians 4:8 KJV)
(8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things {are} honest, whatsoever things {are} just, whatsoever things {are} pure, whatsoever things {are} lovely, whatsoever things {are} of good report; if {there be} any virtue, and if {there be} any praise, think on these things.

--------------------

J4Jesus
unregistered

Yessss. I have one, why? Why isn't it gone yet? Also, I have bad thoughts, I have DOUBT thoughts. Someone will say that they were RENEWED BY JESUS and my mind wants to be like, I don't know, are you sure? Stupid mind. Also, I keep self pittying myself. And I don't wanna tell people about Christ and The Bible just to be all smart and mess, that's why I'm a hypocrite, my prayers sound soooooo Fake. I'll be like, God, I need Help, but man, I don't have enthusiasm and I sound Fake and I feel that I don't wanna be Christian enough. It's messed up, WHO GAVE ME ALL THESE PROBLEMS?!???!!!!??!??!?!?!!?????!!!?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement