Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Left Behind??

Author Topic: Left Behind??
Gal 2:20
Advanced Member
Member # 1479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gal 2:20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intouch.org offers an excellent bible study on the assurance of salvation.

http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/exploring/studies/salvation_92294.html

Both of you should sit down and do it together.
Hopefully it will help her.

I will pray that you gain widsom to minister to your wife and that she recieves assurance that she is part of God's Kingdom.

Posts: 22 | From: York, PA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO WISE... not even if she is in a fit of anger in that twinkling of an eye!

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

If she believes he went, she must take the rest of the line... note the only contingency here is "If I go"...

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

How do you respond to her bouts of anger? You are the head of your house as Christ is the head of the church. I believe that God gave us the marrigae covenant to show us the relationship of Christ to the church... but to experience this, we must walk in Spirit with one another( who are one with the Father); this means we compleiment (complete) one another. You can model the fact that Christ loves her in spite of her faults by loving her in spite of her faults.

Christ saved her knowing she has an anger problem, and He has a solution... Christ will lead her through her anger problem in HIS time, if she will give it over to him.

I suspect that this is exactly why the enemy wants so despirately to use her anger as a stronghold to keep her from fully realizing God's love for her.

When the devil cant keep us from finding the Cross, the next thing he will try is to keep us from realizing all that is ours through the cross.

Your wife's anger wont keep her from Jesus, Jesus will use her anger to bring her into closer relationship, awe, appreciation, of him as she realizes that HE is strong when she is weak!

It is OK to be weak, Jesus is strong then. He doesnt expect us to perfect ourselves, he expects us to trust him, rely on him, take it to the cross, surrender it to him.

In our weakness, we find HIS strength!

What can you do? Love her as Christ loves the Church. Pray for her. Pray with her. Accept her and know that the Holy Spirit will change in her what ever needs to be changed to bring her into the image of Christ.

God Bless You Both!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Praise Adonai
Community Member
Member # 1501

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Praise Adonai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a little help concerning my wife. My wife is a born again believer. She prays, reads the bible and attends church and bible study on a regular basis. I think that she has a pretty good walk with Christ going and she is a good person. She knows Jesus Christ as her Lord and savior. The problem that we are having is that she is still not convinced that she is going to heaven. I can find no fault with my wife or any reason why she wouldnt get into heaven. She does have a tendency to get angry on occasion, but that is it. She worries that the rapture will happen during one of her anger spells and that Christ wont let her in. I try to encourage her as much as I can, but sometimes I dont think that I really help much. I try and let her know that Christians are not automatically perfect people. Jesus knows what is in her heart and he knows her faith. I have no doubt that my wife will be with me in heaven, but I need to know how to be more encouraging for her. [Kiss]

--------------------
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.
Phil. 4:13

Posts: 11 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement