Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Post your problems here

Author Topic: Post your problems here
Newly Confirmed
Advanced Member
Member # 1290

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Newly Confirmed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want everyone to post their main problems here, their worries and fears. Do not read the story below, you must read it AFTER you post your problem. If you read it BEFORE, then it pretty much ruins this. Oh, by the way, here is my problem::

I am going to head into ministry, but my parents don't believe I'll go all the way. I am made fun of at school because of my goals, but I press on.

Okay, now here's the story:

A man name Joe lived his life with the Lord, he always went to church and sang and praised God. Well, yesterday God took him to heaven. And when he got there, he saw a chart waiting for him. It had a pair of footsteps, as if two people were walking together. Now, Joe realized what it was. The footsteps were his and God's. He saw that the footprints got deeper when he was troubled in life. Then he saw one set of footprints. It was the day his father died. He went to God and said: "God, why is there only one set of foot prints during the hardest times in my life?
God looks at him and says: "Because I carried you."
The moral of this story is that no matter what is wrong, no matter how bad things get, God is with you. God is carrying you through. I just want you to know, this is as close to the truth as it can get. No, Joe may not be a real person, but his troubles were. We have many troubles throughout are lives, but we must realize that God is with us. Always. So, every time you cry oout for help, it is useless. Help is already there. You are in God's arms. Knowing this, no trouble is worth worrying over. Just know that God takes care of things. Think of him as the great caretaker. Or wait, that's not right, think of him as the good sheperd, protecting us sheep from the stray wolf. Now, I want to give a bit of one of my pastor's sermons.

In the forest clearing stood a stage, a wooden stage with several limbs dangling from its roof.
On the stage stood several characters. The spotlight moves from the roof down to the first character. It is a sheperd. This sheperd represents Jesus Christ, our savior. As with most sheperds, they would not do anything to the stray wolf but shout out at it, trying to scare that it away. Now this sheperd, he is differnt. He will lay down his life for the sheep, protecting them, carrying the troubled and helpless ones in his arms. The light moves away to the second character. A sheep, with a fresh coat of wool. This sheep represents us people. Most people think of sheep as being dumb, helpless animals. If one sheep runs into a ravine, all the others follow. It's ironic how much we people act like these sheep. We must have a sheperd to carry us through the night and day, watching us so that we do not stray. A perfect example, when a sheep strays from the sheperd, it is a perfect example of when a person strays from God. The light moves away to the third character, the third and final.
This is the wolf. A lone wolf, seeking to take all the sheep. This wolf represents Satan. Satan wants to take us away from God through temptation. That is why he is shown as the wolf. When the sheperd (Jesus) lays down his life to save his sheep, the wolf triumphs. The only thing between him and the sheep before was the sheperd. Now he is ready to take the sheep away. But then the spotlight moves again! There on the corner of the stage stands the sheperd. He is risen. [Bible] "Tear down my temple, and in three days I will rebuild it." [Bible] Is what Jesus states in the bible. And there stands the sheperd, the good sheperd, who then conquers the wolf by sending him to the forest, deeper and deeper into the forest, where no light shines.(Hell) Now the sheperd disappears from the stage, and a light shines. The sheperd is lifted from the ground and rises to the sky. The sheep look around aimlessly trying to find a new sheperd, but he is already there. Most of the sheep are being carried by the sheperd and do not know it.
But, if the sheep fall into the ravine, and their sheperd must go pull them out, (A pastor trying to get someone to believe) what may come of it?
A- If the sheperd pulls them out and they are with the sheperd once again, they are saved and forgiven.
B-If the sheep stay in the ravine and do not follow the sheperd, just their own ways, they are not forgiven, for they have strayed from God, and until they come back, they are no longer being carried.

--------------------
Brady

Posts: 33 | From: Gillett, Arkansas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement