Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Self Pity

Author Topic: Self Pity
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one that will not let you down, listen to the word of God when ever you have a chance it does work out the best of the soul.

Audio Bible

May the Lord Guide you with His love and Grace

ps, before i go to sleep i play it for few hours to take some of the negative and evil of the day..

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gal 2:20
Advanced Member
Member # 1479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gal 2:20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any advise to offer, other than what has been offered already. I will pray for you as well.
Posts: 22 | From: York, PA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genesis
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for genesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus, you are on the right track to healing whn you share your stuff with your brothers and sisters. Self pity is definetly not from God. I at one time suffered from it quite badly and did not recognize it. I thought I was sick all the time. I would get the kids off to school and climb back in bed.

A sister in Christ told me I was depressed. I argued and then realized she was sure correct. I started to recognize the signs and with the strength of Jesus was able to overcome it. When I saw it coming on me I had to take the step of not wanting it and asking God to keep it from me. I take the step of will and God does the work.

Trust God, but He needs to know you want His help.

I will pray for you.

peace

=keith=

Posts: 4 | From: BC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus; One thing I can see, is that you have too much time on your hands. As I read your posts, I note that you are deep into yourself. You can't see past, what you think you are.

First; get past 'you'. This may sound harsh, but you need to get into the Word, Into Prayer, into communion with fellow Christians. You profess Christ, then live for Christ. You profess Christ, allow the Holy Spirit to do 'Holy Spirit work' in you.

Second; RELAX! ALL humanity has foibles. all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. By Grace are you saved through Faith, and not of your own understanding. You are not alone in personal misery. you have lots of company. Only through God can you over come your personal problems.

You say you have rages, you 'ain't' seen mine.

You say you have self pity, don't we all, to a point.

Let all this stuff go. no " I'm trying" no I'll get around to it" just do it.

As some wag once said, " let go; let God"

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah um. I have a problem with self pity. I'm always getting mad and I feel bad. I also always say alot of awkward things too. Like, "God don't listen to me", "Love them, Not me", "I can't know you right now". I mean, crazy things. What do I do about this? Thanks.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement