Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The Red Zone

Author Topic: The Red Zone
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks, guys. Sorry, I get impatient with people too, but I got it under cotrol now. I mean, If I stick to the Bible, it won't touch me.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Herschel
Community Member
Member # 1480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herschel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JforJesus, I understand your concern. Evidently you are concerned about your sin. I'd just like to say that the Word says in 1 John 1:7-9
"But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say, "We have no sin," we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So rather than feel guilty, go to Jesus and Confess your sin. Because He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. J4J,Agree with God, Believe the Word. Act on the Word. Trust and do the Word and God will do what he promises. It is a life long process to work out your own salvation and to become more and more like Jesus. You are on the right track. It takes a lot of guts to pour out youself before other people, (even on the internet) Keep it up. Read, study and learn the Word. That is biggest help because ALL of the answers to your questions are found in the Word.

--------------------
Opportunity is the doorway to success. Action (work)is the key that unlocks the door.

Posts: 16 | From: Monterey, LA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have been given great answers for your problem. Now the ball is in your court. Either, you set aside your pride and seek help or you end up wallowing in self-pity. I am not trying to sound harsh. But, you have to make the decision to get help. No one can do it for you. Gary is so right. God uses people to help us. If you do not seek help, you will never win the victory. Take a change on yourself and others and seek help. People do care but you do have to take the first step. [Prayer] [Cross]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4J,

God works through people.

Got it yet?

If you think God's going to come and speak directly to you, you may have a long wait. Open your eyes. God has been speaking to you through people here on this board.

You owe it to yourself to check out that website wparr gave you in the post above. I checked it out, and it looks to me like just what you need. It doesn't look like they're going to meet with you personally, but over the internet, just like we are doing right now.

I'm growing impatient with you, young feller. I think it's time for you to fish or cut bait. We keep giving you advice, and you appear to continually ignore it, yet you want us to keep giving you advice.

Are you looking to have your ears tickled?

Enough!

Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

That's cool. But one, I won't be able to do that, cause I am not available to meet up with these people or whatever. Also, shouldn't I let God himself help me? I mean, I guess that's one way I can get closer to him.
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Setting Captives Free and sign up for the Purity Force Challenge course. This 30-Day interactive course for teens will teach you, help you, equip you to live a life of purity and power!
You will be assigned a mentor who will communicate with you and pray for you.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hi. Before I start, I just really need to appologize for some of the comments and posts I've made on here. I guess it's just the right thing to do. Um, I hope I haven't come in here and ruined your message board. So sorry. Like I said, I won't do that again, besides it was a sin. I judged. Now though, for my thing. My problem. I sinned today. One that I haven't done for two weeks. And now I don't know what to do or where to go from here. Becuase I believe I was starting to feel really strong for God until I sinned. So I feel back to my old low self again. So I guess all the bad thoughts and doubts are gonna come back too, since I just opened up the gates for them. What do I do now? Also, does it seem like the end times to you? I don't really know. I mean, I like to hope and say that the Antichrist won't be born until like a 100 years from now. Also, I was wondering if it's ok for me to be on this message board. I mean, I don't know how to find the answers for myself, so I'll ask ya'll folks. And like I pointed above, is it a good strategy to see how long you can go without doing a particular sin? I mean, why can't I feel guilty equally for all my sins? I thought it was gone, but it will always eventually get me again. So does this mean God will teach me a lesson, perhaps cause my foot to be broken when I really dont' want it to? Will he punish me by like making the healing process slower? Sorry, I have alot of excuses, and I feel like a hypocrite now. Thanks.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement