Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » cornered

Author Topic: cornered
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings,

I think God is looking for people who are available. God's message is sufficient but those who carry God's message don't have to be qualified. All they have to do is correctly repeat it. Anyone can do that.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey J,

It's been a week. How's the foot?

Let's slow down here. No sense in trying to do everything at once. First thing you need to do is repent of your sin and turn to the Lord Jesus, and put your faith in Him. Put away everything else from your mind and concentrate on Christ. He can hear you. Tell Him you know you are a sinner, and ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you and make you a new creature as He has promised. Ask Him to help you to follow Him, tonight and tomorrow. One step at a time. We can't do it ourselves.

If you're past this step, stop and realize that we all need His help every day. Like I just said, we can't do it ourselves. Our salvation is totally a work of God, so give it all over to Him. Let Him worry about all the things you have written about here, and instead come humbly before Him every day and place yourself in His hands. That's what I have to do. When I try to do it myself, I mess it all up. It's only by His power that I can make it through each day.

And read your Bible. I can't say this strongly enough. The Bible is the only place God has revealed Christ to us. If you want to know Him, you HAVE to read your Bible. I recommend you start with the gospel of John.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey Guys. If it's possible, could ya'll help me some more with this post. I don't know how to deal with this. Thanks.
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus, you know that the apostle paul had the same problem. he said the things he wanted to do he didn't do and the things that he didn't want to do he did. we have to have a real close walk with the Lord today. the end times are here and the adversary is going crazy trying to get all the victims he can before he is bound. we need to know the Word of God by heart. it is part of our warfare. the Bible says pray without ceasing. if you love someone we talk to them all the time. some teenagers are great examples of that. why is that we as christians may only talk to Him once a day. we don't even read His Word. do we care what He has to say to us?

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, J4J,

How's your foot?

I wasn't on the BBS much over the weekend, and this is the first I've read about it.

I think you have a bigger problem than your sore foot, my young friend. But I am encouraged because you care about it. If you didn't know Jesus and you didn't care that you didn't know Jesus, then you would have a BIG problem.

Go back and read the post on your "reality of hell" thread that was written by helpforhomeschoolers. She really said it well.

J4J, you have to understand what you have to do. Jesus didn't say to let Him into your heart, or to make a decision for Him, or to accept Him as your personal savior. He said, "FOLLOW ME." You have to realize that what you need to do is drop everything and FOLLOW HIM! There is nothing more important in your life right now than to FOLLOW CHRIST. He is all there is. Get your Bible, or if you don't own one, get a NIV or a NASB, and absolutely immerse yourself in it. You can't show anybody Christ until you know Him!

You are young; you have plans for your life; put them all on hold! There's nothing more important right now for you than Jesus! Get to know Him first. That's more important.

Find a good church with a good pastor to help you. Find some Christian friends. Go to their church. You need personal help; you need a personal mentor; you need more than you'll probably get from the internet. You need somebody who's going to be there to talk with you and help you; somebody who will know you personally and you can talk honestly with.

I can talk with you here, J4J, and I can pray for you (and I will), but I don't know you and I can't be there for you.

Enough confusion, J4J, time to get going and follow Christ.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as your friends go, pray that the Lord Jesus will shine through your life so that your friends will see. You are the only "Bible" they see.
As far as your foot,let me tell you alittle about me. I am physically handicapped. I have been walking with a cane for 5 plus years and I will envutally be in a wheelchair. I do not feel that God has punished me. I do not feel sorry for myself. I don't mean I am accusing you of feeling sorry for your self. But, as I get more crippled I have had people say how they feel sorry for me. I am always taken back by that. There are times that I get depressed but that is normal. I can no longer drive and that is at times frustration for me. But, my husband is a Christian and he takes me to Church. I do believe that God heals. But sometimes, God requires us to carry a burden here on earth. In Heaven I will be able to run again. I will pray for you but if God chooses to let your foot heal with time don't get discouraged. Heaven will be worth what ever pain you bear hear. God bless you, hon.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey people. Sorry, I know I post too much. I'll try to calm down. Right now, I feel this is my most important post of all mine, because I'm in a huge state of Confusion right now. Ok, I have a crazy mind and a weird way of thinking. That is a big proble right now. Aw man, there's so much to say here, oh well, I'll say it. Anyways, today is Saturday(you probabl won't get this untill tommorow(Sunday)). Anyways, I spent the night with my friend who has alot of Sin Problems. And everytime I'm around him, he is always sinning and his friends are always sinning. And I know they aren't saved. Anyways, I take my friend to Church some, but he doesn't learn anything. I mean, he has a Bible, but I doubt that even his Dad or little brother reads it. Now his parents are divorced, but I doubt that has anything to do with him sinning and all that. I mean, he and his Dad and brother are always Fighting and Yelling and stuff. And of course, my friend likes to mumble things, bad things, under his breath. Cause he's just like that. But I don't feel qualified to show Christ to him and his brother and his dad and his friends and there Families. Another thing, I have another friend who I believe used to go to Church, but he and his family don't now. Well, he doesn't do alot of things that most other of my friends do, but I don't feel qualified to show him Christ and his Family Christ either. I mean, I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it. I mean, he's pretty silent on religion, and I never really mention nothing to him. It's crazy. Some more stuff. Oh yeah, earlier today, I hurt my foot really bad, and it's hard for me to walk now. And so I realize now is the worst time to have small Faith(and the thing is, I don't know if I have Faith. Ask me if there is A God, I'll say Yes and Jesus did what he did on the Cross, but I'm afraid I don't really mean it), I mean I'm hoping God will heal my Foot. I mean, if I prayed for Him to heal it, will he? I mean instantly? Cause if you have Faith like a Grain of Mustard Seed, nothing will be impossible for you. I mean, it's 2003, and there' this Terrorist Stuff and War Stuff and The SARS stuff(that severe acute respiratory thing going on), just about all of America's youth is lost in sin, I mean I have some weird days. I'm weird. Sorry. Everything just feels crazy. And why don't I ever refer to Bible Topics as God dealing with them. I mean, God has an answer for anger, God has an answer for Lust, God has an answer for Worry, God has an answer for Guilt, God has an answer for Uncertainty and for everything. But my doubt makes me act like HE doesn't. But he does. And I hope I mean what I say. So now you see all of this mess I deal with(forgive me, I know I shouldn't feel that I'm the only one to deal with all this. I'm not special I know.), and I just feel like like I'm backed up against a Corner. So if you can, give me any opinions on all these things I talked about. That's if you want. Sorry. Thanks.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement