Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » reality of hell

Author Topic: reality of hell
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell is the separation or the condemnation of a soul (judgment). Christ was separated from God and He was judge. However, He came out of it a victor unto everlasting life to give life eternal to those that are His.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont have anyway of knowing if you are saved. Only you and God can know that. But I have trouble with the "I have asked Jesus into my heart more than once and I just dont feel anything"

The idea that all you have to do is ask Jesus into your heart is a little deceiving. Here is why...

First of all, no where in the Bible does it say this is how you are saved.

The Bible says we are saved by His grace through FAITH in the Son and the precious Shed blood of His sacrifice.

Now Faith comes from hearing; but hearing has to come from the Word of God.

Being saved requires that you first, know that you need a savior. This means knowing that without God, you can do nothing to save yourself. You cannot be good enough, be righteous enough, work enough good works.

This is not a step that can be taken lightly. Most of us have to come to a point of brokenness to get this. Most of walk through life thinking we can do it. Our ego gets in the way of a relationship with God and Salvation.

Then once you realize this you can repent for sin, repent means not just asking for forgiveness of your sin but purposing not to continue in sin. Turning from sin and to God, some say. I see repentence as something that happens when you realize what He has given out of love for you and you cant bear to break the heart of the God who loves you so, by continuing in sin.

The Bible says we love Him because he first loved us. I believe this is part of the brokenheartedness that leads to salvation. When we realize how silly we are, how feeble our attemps at life without him are, then we become humbled and can enter into His presence.

Again noting that you can only do this by His Spirit.

Being saved is a surrendering of all that is self to the will of the Father God. Allowing Him to live in and through you. This takes a contrite spirit. Most of us want to hold on to much that is self.

How do you come to know the will of the Father? By prayer, by studying the Word, by being in a relationship with Him.

Being saved or born again means knowing He is God, surrendering to His Lordship, developing a relationship with Him, walking in Spirit with Him, OBEYING Him, Keeping His comandments, renewing your mind with his word.

This walk and the change that comes, comes as we realize who He is, and what we can be because of Him. We by the power He gives begin to be transformed in to the image of His son, Christ Jesus.

Fear of hell, may get you thinking about things, but it is Love that will change you. Our fear of Him is not to be the fear of a great God who can hurt us and cast us into Hell(of course He is and can), but a trembling AWE and reverence of his majesty, greatness and love that draws us to him, makes us unable to bear the sin that keeps us from His presence, and a thankfulness that He loved us enough to provide a way for us to come into His courts where we were created to be in the first place.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John 3:
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19: And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20: For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21: But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 14:
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The New Testament writings are divinely inspired, for God’s Comforter,(the indwelling Spirit of God Almighty), taught and brought the writers into God’s glorious truth. I absolutely use the Word of God as the guidebook for my life, as a lamp unto my feet and a glorious light unto my path.

What could be clearer than the contrast of fleshly fruit and spiritual fruit found in Galations 5:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

My personal yardstick, by which I am able to measure the progress of my feeble walk with my precious Lord.

1 Thess. 5:

Rejoice evermore.

Do we rejoice in our hearts, in our lives, in our postings and interaction with others?

Pray without ceasing.

Do we walk with our precious Lord in an attitude of prayer? Do we pray for others? Have we prayed today? Have we prayed for another today? Have we ministered to others unselfishly and with true devotion to our great God and His Holy Word?

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Do we gives thanks to our mighty God, our awesome Redeemer? Have we given thanks today? Do others see a thankful spirit in us, and in our posts?

Quench not the Spirit.

Do we honor the Spirit of God, and do we encourage the manifestation of God’s Holy Spirit within our Brothers and Sisters, or do we seek to quench it?

Despise not prophesyings.

Do we despise the forth-telling of God's Holy Word?

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Do we prove all things and hold fast to that which is good?

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Do we seek to abstain from all appearance of evil, the living witness to those around us, or do we seek to justify that which is wrong?

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May we allow our glorious Lord to set us apart and to purify us for His Holy purpose and perfect will.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Our glorious Lord is ever faithful and we have His Word on it. May we seek to be ever faithful to our Redeemer, and yielded to His will and purpose for the hearts and lives of His children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks. Listen, lately I've been kind of thinking what Hell would be like.(I don't want to go, even if my stupid head makes me feel like I do, I don't.) Anyways, of course it's punishment for those who aren't of God. Now, I just don't know what to think. I mean, I have, I repeat, I have asked Christ into my heart way more than once, and I just don't feel anything. I mean, should I still be doubting or lusting or worrying, or being angry? I mean, I just can't go to hell, but I always feel like a **** Up to God or a Hypocrite. I don't know why though. I mean, my intentions are NOT to fool people or anything, but I still feel this way. Anyway, any opinion on this would be cool. Cya. Thanks
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement