Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Help!!

Author Topic: Help!!
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Josh.

Sorry to hear your foot's still giving you trouble. Is it serious? Have you seen a doctor for it?

I'm not a teenager anymore; I'm certainly old enough to be your dad. But it doesn't seem so long ago that I was a teen, too. But let me tell you something I've learned about situations like the one you're in.

When I have a physical problem which is filling my mind and taking over my life, as your foot has for you, I realize that my thinking is being clouded by it. I am not as patient or alert as I should be. So I put off making major decisions until this problem is gone. I try to be good to my family and friends, and when my temper gets away from me, I am very quick to apologize, because my problem is making me act like I'm not myself.

So realize you may not be yourself; you may not be thinking straight, so don't hurt other people because your foot hurts. Don't get mad at inanimate objects, that's stupid.

And one more thing, remember, this, too, shall pass.

This, too, shall pass.

This, too, shall pass.

It will.

Then, when you're calm, get your Bible, and open to the gospel according to John, and let it seep into your consciousness, just drink it in.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23 NASB

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Yeah, that sounds wonderful. To be a good servant of the Lord. But right now, my foot has put me in a world of pain and anger. I get a taste of what it's like not to be able to walk, and this frustrates me very very much!!!!!!!! Man, if my crutches drop, AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I go into a fury or if I slip and almost fall. Same thing!!! It's crazy and displeasing to God, but I haven't been praying, something has got a hold of me and it kind of makes me not read the Bible. I don't know. I sometimes feel too lazy to read it. So what do I do. I mean, it's very hard for me to make God my first priority. But, I don't understand. What can I do about all this? Thanks

Josh

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alot of people do not realize that when they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior that they repent of their sin. that means to turn away from it. when Jesus healed the sinful woman in th scripture he said, " go and sin no more" sin is what nailed Jesus to the cross. if we have the Spirit of God we hate sin. Jesus was perfect and He bore all the suffering of our sins yours and mine. He was forsaken and beaten and crowned with thorns, and His side was pierced through for you and i. Jesus loved us more than anyone ever has and it is the least that i can do to make my father pleased with me by doing his will and by sinning NOT. i want to hear my Father say well done my good and faithful servant. how about you?

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the midst of how you feel at this time, maybe a work of God is in your life. Read the word of God each day and He will speak to you trough His word but read it and some times is nice to read it loud.
(Read It) I know is not easy but ………….. Read It.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

J4Jesus; Having read some of your posts, I sense a deeper conflict, and that is you and the things of the world. It's not just lust, of the flesh, it's lust of things.

You have some choices to make. Only you can make them. We can advise, we can quote Scripture, but we cannot make this decision for you.

First, why do you have these lusts? do you read books and magazines that are improper? Do you have a lack of material things? Do you feel that you don't fit in with the crowd?

If these feelings continue and get greater, you might look into counselling.

Young person, I am a man of 60 years plus, I have raised 4 through their teenage years, I was a person who in my young years, sometimes lived in doorways in a drunken stupor. I have seen things people should'nt see. But I made a conscious choice to change. I had Jesus in my life and I could no longer do the things I did. You can do the same if YOU choose.

In your bio you state ,you are not sure if you are Saved. Well, Ask Jesus into your life and BE CHANGED! throw away the bad influences. and begin to instill the new influences.

So the new question is; Do you truly want to be changed? do you truly want to be Saved?

God Bless you in this decision.

Joel

Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4J,

I've been reading the other threads you started here on the Encourager forum in recent days, and I think I may have a little better understanding of what's been going on with you.

You say you're having a problem with lust. It was lust that first made me aware of my own sinfulness. See, I grew up in a church-going family. I wasn't as bad as most people, so I thought. I was a Christian, but I had a hard time thinking of myself as a sinner.

Then I met a young lady who was not my wife, a lovely divorcee, and I wanted her! Praise God He protected me from acting on my lust. But I remembered what Jesus said, that any man who looks at a woman with lust in his heart has committed adultery with her already. I realised that the sin, though not physical, was within me, and it existed. I didn't have to act on it for it to be real. I understood the commandment, sin sprang to life, and I died. I was as guilty of sin as any murderer or thief. And I was absolutely consumed by that sin.

I prayed to my Lord, confessing my sin to Him, and He transformed my life. I am new, and I am clean, and I am forgiven.

I still struggle with lust. How can any man look at a beautiful woman and not lust?! But I am not controlled by that sin any more. I can now say NO! Don't think it will go away. Even Paul tells us he continued to struggle all his life. But as Christians we can battle against sin, we don't have to be controlled by it as we used to be. We aren't slaves to sin, we're slaves to Christ.

So look up, my friend. We can say NO to sin, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------

Posts: 436 | From: Mankato, Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J, your post was moved here:

web page

I thought you would get a better response in that forum.
You should have received an e-mail notice tell you it was moved.

Sorry about the mix up [hmm]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Advanced Member
Member # 523

Hey, J4J, you sound like you have a problem.

First of all, everybody sins. Every day, all the time, those of us who are trying to follow Christ are struggling with our own sinfulness. But you are going about this wrong in one particular area. Don't ask God to ignore you until you get back on track, that's the opposite of what you need to do. You are sick, and your sickness is sin, and you need the best doctor there is to fix you up! That doctor is Jesus Christ, Lord of all creation. Go to Him with your sickness, your sin. He is the only one with the cure.

Now you must realize, He's not going to tell you to take a couple Tylenol and call Him in the morning. You must commit yourself to Him, to do with you what He knows must be done. And it could get rough.

But when He's done with you, you will no longer be a slave to sin; you will no longer HAVE to do the things that are bothering you. Then you will be a new creature, and you will be able to turn from your sin and follow Him. Right now you can't do it yourself. You're dead in your sins, aren't you? A dead man can't get up and make himself a new life. A dead man can only do one thing, and that's BE DEAD! You need to turn to the Lord Jesus and confess to Him your sinfulness, ask Him to get rid of it, and change you into a new person, with a new life. You will not be a slave of sin any longer. You will be free to be a servant of Christ.

J4J, now is the time to pray! If you're like me, it's not always easy to pray, but if you don't pray, it ain't a-gonna happen. Open yourself up to Him; He knows everything about you already anyway. He's just waiting for you to call on Him. Just be yourself, and talk to Him. Tell Him you want to be free of sin and you can't do it yourself, and ask Him to do it for you.

If you do this, J4J, don't expect your life to ever be the same, because He's going to transform you and give you a new life, and you will be what we call "in Christ".

I'm praying for you, J4J. You pray, too!

In Christ,
Gary

--------------------

J4Jesus
unregistered

Hi ya'll. I dont' know if ya'll deleted my last post I made. If you did due to what I was talking about, sorry. Look, I have been sinning like crazy, and so the other night, I asked GOD to ignore me and not see me or hear me until I got back on track. And I need help getting back on track. What are your opinions? Thanks.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement