Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Why Do I always...

Author Topic: Why Do I always...
Chuck_Slotter
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J4Jesus:
Hi again. Ya'll are awesome and know what to Say. Good Job. I have a problem though, I always um, how do you say? Lust. I hate it, it's only suposse to seem Pleasant or whatever, but It's deception. How do I deal with this. I'm sorry, Forgive me.

Job made a covenant with his eyes. One way to deal with it is to change your thinking. If you see a pretty person you say to yourself,"What a beautiful creature of God" and recognize the creativity of God rather than think of the person in sexual terms.

You can't always control who comes to your door but you can control whom you let in. In other words, I wouldn't go to the beach to evangelize when there are people next door.

Chuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hey Folks. Thanks alot. I know I haven't really replied to this in a while. Sorry. Another thing I want to spill out about that problem. I have always found myself really guilty about it. I mean, I'd wake up the next morning feeling, bad and I knew I could've avoided it. Anyways. Thanks again.
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it will be so great when we get to heaven and we do not have to war with this old flesh anymore. but for the time being we pray alot for the Lord to be in control of every part of us. especially the desires of the flesh. the Bible say laying aside every weight and the sin that so easily besets us. we all have sins that get the best of us. the first step you have already taken and that is to identify what the sin is. then we have to take it to the Lord. i focus on the Lord and His word and sometimes i sing hymns to myself. there are many ways to overcome temptation. i have heard men say that they exercise and that helps. focusing on how much i love the Lord because of what he did for me at calvary helps bunches. PRAY,PRAY,PRAY.

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disciple4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 1300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Disciple4Him   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A great book, if you think this applies, because I KNOW what lust can do, and sexual sin in general...and temptation..a great book is Every Young Man's Battle , try it out
Posts: 30 | From: Westerville, OH | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leeprice
Advanced Member
Member # 1377

Icon 16 posted      Profile for leeprice         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus,

I have found that lust is often symptomatic of loneliness. Am I right in your case? Sometimes when a person is lonely and has little contact with others, in the form of talking, hugging, etc., then that person may use lust as a tool to get affection.

This may or may not be your case, but it's something to think about.

Do you have many friends? Do you go to church often? Surround yourself with wonderful people; friendship and affection can counteract lust.

--------------------
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace case
Advanced Member
Member # 1372

Icon 16 posted      Profile for grace case   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi J4j,

I have been a Christian for a long time--and I still have seasons of doubt, and all Christians strugle with some type of lust...whether they will admit it or not...

Fortunately (Praise God) they don't last long, but they can be brutal. I think this entire life is a test of our faith...simply by sheer virtue of living it...as a discipe of Christ.

Often times, a TV-preacher, or well-meaning Christian can quote off Scriptures [at] you a mile-a-minute, and throw out religious cliches'..."Just leave it at the Cross my brother"...etc, etc.

And Christian cliche's can sometimes be offensive, because they can unwittingly come across as insensitive and actually hurt people.

And The Word of Truth is our Sword of the Spirit, and it is sharp and it cut's through the junk--to get to the heart of the matter.

But the reality of the Christian Experience...is, as Jesus Himself said,

"In the world you shall have trouble (tribulation), but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."

I also try to remember the Word that says,

"And all who are in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."

The life of a faithful Christian is not an easy one...and we have a wicked spiritual enemy in high places, who has many schemes to try to cause us to fail.

"But greater is He that is in me than he who is in the world."

Christ is the Ultimate Victor, and the devil is turning up the heat--as he knows he has but a short time left.

No Christian will always have every thing they need, always have a great job, perfect relationships, lots of cash, and every convenience known to modern man. It just doesn't work that way.

Paul said, "I have learned to be content, no matter what state I am in."

I know it can be very hard to praise God and thank Him for your salvation when you experience these "night seasons" of doubt...but even David (The man after God's own heart) had seasons of angst and doubt.

We all wonder sometimes, "Lord why have You forsaken me?" Even if we won't admit it publicly to anyone else.

I think the greatest dis-service anyone ever did to me, was in the first church I ever went to. The pastors were always saying, "When you give your life to God...all your problems will just go away." And these fellas were always talking about how God anointed them to get a great deal on houses, or better buy's on cars and furniture, etc.

But the reality of my Christian Experience...is that life has gotten harder. And now that I have learned that God does not always cause your life to be "perfect" all of the time, I know what to expect, and have learned to be content...no matter what state I am in. Well, most of the time anyway. I still whine to God occasionally, and He still forgives me, and loves me unconditionally.

So, when you have doubts, pray that God would give you peace, and "lift your head" the way that He did David.

And as Peter said,

"Count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations and trials."

It won't feel like "joy"...but we have to tell ourselves to "count" it as joy, because when we are in Christ...we shall all suffer persecution.

It's not easy, and it can hurt a lot.

We still live in a fallen world...and the enemy is the ruler of this world. Sometimes, I think most Christians forget that. Heaven comes later, and we can't have our own little slice of Heaven in this life now...in this [still] fallen world.

But Paul also said, (Paraphrased),

"I suppose that the sufferings of the present time can in no way be compared with the glory that we shall have when we are with Him."

My friend, Jesus is coming soon...and we will be with Him forever, and there shall be no more doubt, tears, pain, sickness, disease, and hurting.

Be encouraged that the sufferings you experience now, are only temporary, and someday...soon, everything will change...in an instant, and in the twinkling of an eye.

Take care.

[Cross]

--------------------
Respectfully,

In Christ's love and glorious Grace,

Mark

Posts: 253 | From: Pacific Northwest | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Hi again. Ya'll are awesome and know what to Say. Good Job. I have a problem though, I always um, how do you say? Lust. I hate it, it's only suposse to seem Pleasant or whatever, but It's deception. How do I deal with this. I'm sorry, Forgive me.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement