Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » My little problem

Author Topic: My little problem
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the picture God gave us with Thomas. Thomas walked with the Lord, ate with Him, spend precious time with him and yet, he doubted.

Jesus coud have spurned him and said forget you Thomas, if after all I taught you you still doubt be gone... But this is not what Christ did.

Christ did for Thomas, what he does for each of us every day in every moment on every step of this walk of life... He met thomas where he was. He said here touch my hands.. see the holes, put your hand in my side then believe.

The Lord always meets us where we are. Provides exactly what we need, when we need it.

You do not get the measure of faith you have of your own doing, faith is given to each man in sufficient amount by God.

When you speak of thoughts... thoughts of doubt beyond your control, you should recognize this a spiritual warfare. The unseen realm is full of things that try to get the attention of your thoughts. But God has provided you with thoughts to replace these ugly thoughts, thoughts of doubt... what ever thoughts you have that are not of God. He has given His Word.

I realize that reading the Bible maynot be what you want to do at 15, but it is the answer to this problem. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. When you emerse yourself in scripture, you open your mind to be renewed by the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.

Then when the thoughts come, the mind has weaponry to wage war... that weaponry is the Word that has become embedded in your conscience. The word will drive out all thoughts of the enemy, but you have to have the Word, in your heart, in your mind, on your brain.

Then when you feel of little faith your brain can say get behind me Satan, Faith comes from God and I have all I need. When fear comes, you can say I have not been given a spirit of fear, when lack comes you can say... His grace is sufficeient for me. I am contenet whether abased or overflowing.

Do you see what I mean?

God Bless you.
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LWSJ
Community Member
Member # 1384

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LWSJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I totally agree with leeprice. Doubts are something all christians deals with in their walk with God. When doubts appear in my life, I sit kneel down in prayer an ask God to allow me to remember those times He worked in my life. As those memories come flooding back, the doubts and fears that I had start to fade and disappear.
The world will create and fill us with doubts and fears. As christians we have to live IN this world, but not WITH this world. God has set us apart.
"For we walk by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7(KJV)
God Bless.

Posts: 19 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rach
Advanced Member
Member # 1386

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Rach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother and sisters and I were all raised in a very faithful house. My parents did everything in their power to make sure we were followers of Christ. The problem is, no matter how much that was placed before us, we each had to make our own decisions. Even with a strong foundation, I didn't know what I believed, until I could find answers for myself. Everyday I struggle with doubt, I look at the world around me, and some of the evils that surrond me and I become very afraid. I wonder how could this all be? How could God let this all happen? But then I take another look around, and I see the children's faces, the flowers in bloom, and all of the other amazing things in life. Then I seem to understand more.
Posts: 41 | From: NC | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leeprice
Advanced Member
Member # 1377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for leeprice         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
J4Jesus,

You know, you can go through doubt at any age. I'm 31, and I still am skeptical about small concrete ideas. I know what the overall picture is- God is good and God is always there. The rest is just small items to sort through.

But you know what- there was a guy who asked questions and wanted proof so that he could fully believe- yes, I'm talking about Doubting Thomas. And as you know, he was completely shown the nail-scars and did completely believe.

Don't be afraid to ask honest questions. It is part of the process of learning. God can help you to grow each day; sometimes it is painful, but growth usually is. But it's worth it! [Wink]

--------------------
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7

Posts: 55 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks. That was encouragin. I have Church tonight anyways, so I hope I learn something good.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] Let me reassure you of something. The day that you accepted Jesus into your heart, that same day you also met satan. The closer you get to the Lord, the more the devil wants to ruin it for you. You are saved and washed in the blood of the lamb! Doubt is from the enemy. Remember, we as Christians walk by faith ...not by sight. Keep this in mind: Just because you can't see the air, it doesn't mean that it's not there. We have the faith to believe that we will breathe air. Same thing goes for this walk with the Lord. We can't physically see Him, but we believe He's there. Doubt is a normal thing for believers. Remember that you are saved, and no one, not even satan himself, can ever take that away from you.
God Bless

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey again. I have gone to church all of my life and knew everything was true. Even at a young age. Now though when I turned 15, something happened. Out of nowhere, I developed a lot of very bad thoughs and doubts. The thoughts are worse than you make think. I think I'm saying and thinking these thoughts on purpose though. It's weird. And, now though, the Doubt is hitting me hard. I have prayed for Christ to come into my heart a good bit of times, and now I just feel he didn't. I don't feel enthusiastic enough about my prayers or Jesus. My faith feels weak now. What do I do? Thanks.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement