Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » The wife of noble character

Author Topic: The wife of noble character
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, you are right. This is God's work and I need to be praying earnestly and trusting the Lord. I will keep on keeping on by faith that God is able to do these things and much more. I appreciate the encouragement. It is so needed.
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know very well the feelings you are foraging through. Husbands, and wives for that matter, are challenged because they are not on the same level when it comes to trusting the Lord. My husband is not a believer at all, and months ago I myself posted a notice similiar to yours. I learned alot from these people here, and came to the conclusion that worrying about it just brings heartache and pain. Give that worry to the Lord and free yourself from it. Pray for your husband earnestly. Give everything to God in prayer. Let Him to take care of every situation. Be faithful by example, and He will provide for every need. He has given me more than I ever dreamed of lately, all due to prayed and belief, and my trusting that He would. He will.
Love, Laura [Big Clap] Shout to the Lord!!!

Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How true and further in verses 5 to 7 of James ch. 1 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

While I have been a christian for 30 years, I still have need for encouragement. I wish I could be such a solid rock that no matter what the weather, I would not be moved. I deeply desire that I become the woman the Lord wants me to be, and He is very much at work in my life thankfully, I continue to go through periods of feeling like I will never be of use in His kingdom. Yes, these thoughts are not from God. I know I need to fight them with the word of God and constant prayer.

How wonderful it is for those of you who have believing spouses. How much more wonderful when those spouses affirm, encourage and build you up in the Lord. How fine it would be if husbands and wives would put themselves under each other to lift up and build up so that each can be complete and become all they can be through the Lord. I encourage all of you if you have a spouse, love that person God has put you with. Help them in this evil world to grow closer to the Lord and not waver or doubt. Let them know you love them. Don't give way to the devil. He is ever so ready to pounce on the one who is in a weakened position. He is hungry and will seek to destroy marriages that could be beautiful and holy in the Lord.

If you are so fortunate as to have a christian marriage praise God and don't take for granted this precious blessing. Treasure it. Nurture it. Feed it and give thanks continually for you have been blessed by God. And as you go to prayer, pray for those who love their spouses but do not have the same kind of relationship because of their spouses's unbelief. Pray for the unbelieving spouse that the Lord would cause them to repent and be saved. Pray for the believing spouse that they might be of good courage and given the strength they need to serve the Lord.

Thank you for considering my words and praying. May God bless you.

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh
patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye
may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

James 1:3-4

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does not matter what you do it will not please to the situation, his principal are not “husband love thy wife” but in what his needs are. But look at it this way in the light on the Word of God he is missing a great deal of your love and you are been pass through the furnace of purification and he is not, so dear sister rejoice for HE is faithful. Leave your husband to the Lord for you cannot change him but he can see Christ in you and that is a witness against him.

--------------------

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Thank you, I do trust the Lord to provide. My husband doesn't have this faith and so reproaches me for not having a job even though I have been trying to find one and have received additional training that my skills might be current and sharp.

I Chronicles 29:10-13 "Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name."

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

(3 John 1:2 KJV)
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul pros- pereth.

(Psalm 37:25 KJV)
I have been young, and {now} am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

(Psalm 34:10 KJV)
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good {thing}.

(Psalm 23:1 KJV)
The Lord {is} my shepherd; I shall not want.

(Deuteronomy 28:2-8 KJV)
(2) And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God. (3) Blessed {shalt} thou {be} in the city, and blessed {shalt} thou {be} in the field. (4) Blessed {shall be} the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. (5) Blessed {shall be} thy basket and thy store. (6) Blessed {shalt} thou {be} when thou comest in, and blessed {shalt} thou {be} when thou goest out. (7) The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. (8) The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

(Deuteronomy 28:11-13 KJV)
(11) And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee. (12) The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. (13) And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do {them}:

(Luke 6:38 KJV)
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

(1 Corinthians 16:2 KJV)
Upon the first {day} of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as {God} hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

(Matthew 10:8 KJV)
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

(Malachi 3:10-12 KJV)
(10) Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that {there shall} not {be room} enough {to receive it}. (11) And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts. (12) And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

(2 Corinthians 9:6-8 KJV)
(6) But this {I say}, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. (7) Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, {so let him give}; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. (8) And God {is} able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all {things}, may abound to every good work:

(Matthew 19:29 KJV)
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

(Joshua 1:8 KJV)
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way pros- perous, and then thou shalt have good success.

(Ecclesiastes 2:26 KJV)
For {God} giveth to a man that {is} good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge, and joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to {him that is} good before God. This also {is} vanity and vexation of spirit.

(Proverbs 13:22 KJV)
A good {man} leaveth an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner {is} laid up for the just.

(Deuteronomy 8:7-14 KJV)
(7) For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills; (8) A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey; (9) A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any {thing} in it; a land whose stones {are} iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass. (10) When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee. (11) Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: (12) Lest {when} thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt {therein}; (13) And {when} thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multi- plied, and all that thou hast is multiplied; (14) Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the Lord thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

(Deuteronomy 8:18 KJV)
But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for {it is} he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as {it is} this day.

(Matthew 6:31-33 KJV)
(31) Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Where- withal shall we be clothed? (32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. (33) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

(Philippians 4:19 KJV)
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

I know is really hard to trust when the heart is broken and low, but I have seen and know that I cant trust HIS WORD. May the Lord give you comfort and strenght in this times of troubles.

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chestnutmare,

I am so sorry you are so unhappy, and feeling unloved.. [tears]

I will be praying for you... [Prayer]

Maybe Bearer can help you, she is a counselor

I will send her this link.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

The wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm all the days of her life.…" Proverbs 31:10,11

I am opening myself up for anything so here goes. I love my husband. He, it seems, is not a believer. This is a second marriage for both of us. He is not from the U.S. and has a mediocre command of the english language and so depends on me for a lot. The problem is, when we married, the economy was good and I never considered that it would be difficult to find employment. I had owned an equine retail business for five years plus, I had a strong background in publishing. He felt that he could move to this country and marry me without financial worries. Thing is, he has been able to pick up some piano students and some performance opportunities. I haven't been able to find employment in graphic and web design. I have picked up the occasional odd job and done a little free lancing but nothing that sustains us.

I want so much for my marriage to be successful. I am slow to anger and try to be patient with his exciteable impetuous nature and hot temper. I usually wait for things to quiet before I respond. I maintain the house and property as he is a "city boy" and a pianist so he cannot risk hurting his hands. I don't mind the work but I mention it because I am not a lazy person and I don't sit around without doing anything. He however is only concerned with our financial situation and therefore considers my contribution a big fat null.

It is so discouraging to constantly put yourself out there by sending out resumes and being rejected or ignored and then come home and be reminded that you "don't do anything." I manage all of his students as he is uncomfortable using the phone. I design the graphics for his performances and portfolio. Yet, I have this pain where I know that I can't win for losing. I will never be considered that wife of noble character. It hurts.

I have been praying for a long time for his salvation and my getting a job, healing for our relationship, etc. Recently, I started to fast and pray. What is a woman to do? How can a wife be a godly wife who wins her husband over to the Lord without words by her behaviour.

I doubt that I am the only unequally yoked woman (or equally yoked woman, for that matter) who desires to be loved and encouraged by her husband.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement