Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » End of Another Year

Author Topic: End of Another Year
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 16 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
End of Another Year

As we come to the end of another year and I look back on the year almost gone I see many people that are standing in the need of prayer. Others that have grown and are going strong for JESUS. Still others that have fallen by the wayside. Then I look forward to the coming year desiring to see many people come to know my JESUS and grow and bloom where they are planted. But in order to do this each of us must first look inside ourselves to see what is there.

Scripture covers this in 1Corinthians 11:28,31,32 says, "A man ought to examine himself.....But if we judge ourselves, we would not come under judgment, When we are judged by the LORD, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world."

But what is Paul talking about. How can we examine ourselves. Are we all doctors can we see inside our bodies? No but we do know our thoughts, our attitudes, our motives, and our actions. We are to be in the world but not of the world. We are to have unity as a body of believers and not be "at each others throats". We are to be witnessing and spreading the good news of the gospel of JESUS. Too often we get bogged down with things that are unimportant and forget why JESUS came in the first place. It saddens our LORD and delights Satan when we fight among ourselves. Don't let Satan have any victories in this coming year.

Secondly, we need to remember we our purpose and goal is to be. JESUS came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. We are to be examples to those around us. Early in the book of 1Corinthians Paul reminds the Corinthians that they were new in the faith at one time, however, it was time for them to be growing instead of be continually taught the basics. Many believers today have this same problem they have remained babies unwilling to grow. Today these same people follow men rather than GOD. GOD is the source of all that is accomplished not some preacher that men look to instead of JESUS. We need to realize that we are GOD's building and we are to have HIS foundation to build upon. Without a proper foundation the building will fall.

So what are the Basics that we need to build on. The first in to be sure that JESUS is your rock. By that I mean that you have accepted HIS free gift of salvation. Without this you will be building on sand. If you aren't sure of this fact please email me, or talk to someone you consider a strong believer and let them help you with this all important fact.

Next, comes Bible Study, Prayer and witnessing, involvement in a local Bible Believing New Testament Church. Through Bible Study comes understanding, through prayer comes communication with JESUS, through witnessing comes joy unspeakable and fullness of love. Through involvement in a local church comes fellowship and friendship encouragement and faith.

I hope that each of you is ready for this coming year. That JESUS is first in your life and that your priorities are HIS will. I will be praying for each of you to know and do HIS will through you during this coming year.

Serving JESUS
Mary at Bearer Ministries

Failure is never final if you begin again with God.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement