Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » fear or lowself esteem or is it lack of faith?

Author Topic: fear or lowself esteem or is it lack of faith?
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ because that is how I have come to c u. Thank you longhair, i really needed that! I am learning guys the art of patience with God and myself and learning to trust and you all have helped push me forward to be on my way from the valley that I have been wandering around in most of my young life. God is Awesome is all I can say right now because He is teaching me and is so patient with me.

God Bless you all.
Love JLM

--------------------
the purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philippians 4:13 KJV)
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

(Hebrews 13:6 KJV)
So that we may boldly say, The Lord {is} my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

(Hebrews 10:35-36 KJV)
(35) Cast not away therefore your conf- idence, which hath great recompence of reward. (36) For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

(Philippians 1:6 KJV)
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform {it} until the day of Jesus Christ:

(Habakkuk 3:19 KJV)
The Lord God {is} my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' {feet}, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

(Romans 8:37 KJV)
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

(1 John 5:14-15 KJV)
(14) And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: (15) And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

(John 14:12 KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater {works} than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

(Zechariah 4:6 KJV)
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This {is} the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

(Isaiah 43:2 KJV)
When thou passest through the waters, I {will be} with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

(Proverbs 3:26 KJV)
For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

(2 Corinthians 7:16 KJV)
I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all {things}.

(Ephesians 3:12 KJV)
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

(1 John 3:21 KJV)
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, {then} have we confidence toward God.

(Isaiah 40:31 KJV)
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew {their} strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; {and} they shall walk, and not faint.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
Advanced Member
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is easy to fall into that victim mentality where walls are put up to protect one's self. But if we walk in the Spirit as a child of God, we can walk confidently in faith, being under the grace of God. We can minister to others and forgive them for being frail, fragile, and fallen and the way it affects us because God has been so gracious to forgive us for all our sins. You are under His love & if God is for us, who can be against us? We can find that security of worth in God, because He loved us enough to send His Son to die for us and He loves Himself enough that He will keep His own until the end and not allow us to be snatched out of His hand. The truth is people will hurt you. Therefore, we must lower our expectations of people and put our expectations onto God, Who is the only One Who can meet them. This will increase our peace, being steadfast of mind, trusting in God. (Is. 26:3)
Posts: 276 | From: CA, U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all. I just have to tell you that since I started making more of an effort to read the bible and not make my own decisions rather than learn to let God lead me I have had the best two weeks out of the last five years. I have walked and even though I have actually still felt a bit tense I am not so afraid because I am really wanting to learn who I am in God not what I am. I have been focusing on what Iam eg I am ugly unlikable etc but that is not true I want it to not be true and I am made by God, I am known by, protected and guided, I am hungry to know Him to know myself. this is just some of the things I have been learning as I have tried my best to read the Word. I am getting so much advice and help from all you guys and it has helped me have faith in church again, that church is not an enemy and last week I went to church and even spoke to the pastor. It is cool and God Bless you All.
Love JLM. [Kiss]

--------------------

Posts: 66 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doris
Community Member
Member # 386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doris         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we live in constant communion with God, our needs are met our faith increased, our love expanded. We begin to feel God's peace in our hearts, and we spontaneously worship him.

The more time you spend with Christ the more you begin to act like him.

Over a period of time, you grow to realize you are never alone. God's presence is real. You can feel it. It's with you wherever you go. When you practise being aware of God's prsence you pick up his signals all through the day. At work, at home, in your car or wherever you are, you begin to dialogue with the Lord. You share your heart with him, and you know he's listening.

Posts: 7 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all know the song, "He's still working on me".
It applies to all of us. Isn't it wonderful!!!!
Just think, he created us perfectly, and is making us even more perfect as time goes by. Bless His holy name. Amen. [Big Clap]

Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Hi all. thanks Jellybean. I have taken your words of encouragement with me everywhere this week like at placement in the hospital, just about everywhere and as a result I have been able to realise and see places and ways that God can use me eg maybe a small prayer for a distressed patient who wanted to kill himself and that is only because I was not focusing too much on me me me and what is wrong with me. I just am I guess. Thabk you all and God bless.

--------------------

jillibean
Community Member
Member # 480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jillibean         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to feel that way. I know where you are coming from.
It is ok.
You are right where you need to be.
The acorn becomes the oak tree quite naturally. Just with a little loving sunshine and rain.
Do not be so hard on yourself. I know that is easier said than done.
But this is true
You are becoming........You are in the process.
Do not try to force.
Resist nothing
You are just fine!!!
You know it now

Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello Everyone. i have come back after sometime away to very inspiring messages from you and the bible.I am so much better than last week and I am having time to pray and think and make decisions. I would like to start identifying with 2 Corinthians 12:9 and i will. thank you for your prayers.

God Bless you.
JLM.

--------------------

Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Psalms 119:63 KJV)
(63) I {am} a companion of all {them} that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts.

(Proverbs 18:24 KJV)
(24) A man {that hath} friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend {that} sticketh closer than a brother.

(Hebrews 13:5 KJV)
(5) {Let your} conversation {be} without covetousness; {and be} content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

(John 15:15-16 KJV)
(15) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. (16) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and {that} your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

(1 John 1:7 KJV)
(7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

(Isaiah 54:10 KJV)
(10) For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

(Revelation 3:20 KJV)
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

(James 4:8 KJV)
(8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse {your} hands, {ye} sinners; and purify {your} hearts, {ye} double minded.

(Psalms 27:10 KJV)
(10) When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

(John 15:12-14 KJV)
(12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. (14) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

(1 Corinthians 1:9 KJV)
(9) God {is} faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

(1 John 1:3 KJV)
(3) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship {is} with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

(John 14:18 KJV)
(18) I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Laura; Glad to have you aboard. I'm just a busy-body who wanders around here, offering up advice and encouragement when I can. and sometimes maybe a little nuisence. But know that God will always be faithful, and here on this board, you will find a great fellowship.

God Bless you

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Advanced Member
Member # 450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know firsthand how you feel. I'm sure you didn't go into much detail about your other feelings as well. They are all full of fear. I became agoraphobic (fear of living) six years ago. I had all manner of bad thoughts about myself. I am still here today, after many thoughts of suicide. What changed?? Not my life, but my life in Christ. I had to learn to trust Him. It is not easy, for we are human. Satan is always here standing in our way. Let your desire for our Lord stand fast. Do that and the Bible says Satan will flee. Trust in God, his creations are perfect. It is only in Him that you can set your spirit free. Ask Him, and He will guide you. I did. [Lighthouse]
Posts: 26 | From: east TN | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Child,

We all suffer on this earth, and this will continue until we are with our Lord. Having Christ, you already have more than most people that will surround you in a crowd. They would be blessed to have what you have! Jesus will provide you with strength. Take little steps, pray, and remember that others do care about you. I am praying for you.

2 Corinthians 12:9  And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
10  Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Dear Child of God; I look at what you say and how you say it, and I have noticed something here. All your I's start with a small i.[Low self esteem]?
Will you do this? look in a mirror, see yourself, and note this,there is NO ONE else like you,you are unique, you are special,you are beautiful,now when you go out hold your head up HIGH walk proud, straight and tall,

I suspect, that you have been in a very negative environment for a long time, But now through Christ you will be in a positive environment.Develop relationships through Christ,and in Christ. Let the fellowships lift you up, and nurture you. Let them know some of where you have been and how you desire to have that special relationship with God and you need their help.

Then see How God Acts through His people

God Bless you 'Jesusluvsme'

Joel

jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow that is like inspiring you know the fact that God does not make junk. i will certainly think about that when i feel like junk. today i did well or rather God helped me to do well. i went to church and i have not been to church for like months since last year in sept not really and even then i was so scared to be withthe crowds. today i enjoyed myself. ispiring thing is there were a group ofother young people all under 22 and they were talking about Jesus and most of these are going to go to bible school etc. they heve been to South Africa to evangalise and to a lot of places. i want what they have that quite confidence that they are not alone and that they are somebody. i know i am making some progress and i will live it on that positive note. thank you all and God bless you.
[Smile]

--------------------

njclary
unregistered

My precious Child; I read once years ago, about someone scribbling on a blackboard in a school in Brooklyn,NY. anonamously written "I am somebody,cause God don't make no junk" Now-a-days so many young people seem to feel as you do, you are not alone. Why is this so? I have over 60 years to draw on, and I have found that for the most part, society teaches us that we don't measure up. Our breath is bad, our hair is worse, we don't have 'model' looks, we don't drive the right cars,we don't live in the right neighborhoods, we just don't measure up>>>>>>

well take stock of yourself my child, God truly does'nt make junk. you are smart,introspective, and many other things you can decipher for yourself. In short, You ARE Special!!! and God has a special plan for your life. Open your heart to God, He WILL listen, He WILL answer.

God Bless you and let us know how you are doing.

Joel

jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

hello Kindgo. thank you for help and prayer. i will continue praying yet sometimes it is hard but like you said God has not given us a spirit of fear. amen and amen.
God Bless.

--------------------

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes one more very important thing!

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Your feelings are from satan and you can rebuke them.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jesusluvsme, [Kiss]

Just read your name here, Jesus love me!

Satan knows how to "push your buttons". He knows what your temptations are.

He WANTS you to lose your self control.

Just realize that your struggle is not against the flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.(Ephesians 6)

I hope this helps you, I will pray for you [thumbsup]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesusluvsme
Advanced Member
Member # 359

Icon 20 posted      Profile for jesusluvsme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hie all. its great to be back here again. i just need to figure something out from another persons point of view. an hour ago i was in a lecture in Uni but i left saying that i was not feeling well. the truth is i was afraid. i have all these thoughts that there is something wrong with me physically and personality wise because i cannot stand being in crowds or in places where i think people are looking at me and saying what a funny person she is she is nobody. now i know this is not true but somehow i manage to be so negative that i cant breathe properly etc and i am so sick of it and it does make me feel stupid. well any suggestions. i do not even maintain friendships with people or really talk to people anymore bacuse i am constantly not wanting people to hurt me [Question] seriously what is the dael why am i finding it difficult to accept me the way i am.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement