Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Divider Of People

Author Topic: Divider Of People
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for this post david. Your timing was good for me. I spent the evening talking about God, the Bible and Hell with my 23 yr old daughter who is not saved.

It like every conversation we have in this area was so frustrating for me. I know in my heart that God is going to have to bring her to her knees before she see's Him or hears His voice and that breaks my heart.

Mostly because it is my fault that she was not raised for the Lord, and I would give anything to spare her what I know God will do (Behold God's mercy and Judgement) to get her attention, because he will answer my prayers for her salvation. I have stoped praying for him to save her from every little bump in the road and have begun praying for him to save her from Hell no matter what it takes. I tell you this is a frightening prayer, but nonetheless a prayer that must be prayed.

It is hard enough to know that you are going to walk out of sink with the world, but when the world is your own child it is even tougher.

Anyway thanks for this post today.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 2 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Below is so good I had to send it today. We need to remember that we will and should not try to agree with everyone. Being a Christian will cause you to have to stand your ground. ~ David
-----------------------------------------
Read: Luke 12:49-53

Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. —Luke 12:51

The Boston Red Sox were battling the rival New York Yankees for the division title during the 2001 baseball season—and the race was tight. So when Boston lost six games out of eight, the manager was abruptly fired and his job was given to the pitching coach. Some players and fans applauded the move; others felt it was a terrible mistake. Both sides were very vocal with their opinions.

Whoever said "a call for a decision is a cause for division" was right. Choice involves change, and change makes some people uncomfortable.

Jesus said that a decision to follow Him would mean changes in relationships. "From now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son . . . , mother against daughter" (Luke 12:52-53).

Your friends or family may misunderstand you after you start living for Christ. Some may accuse you of thinking you're too good for them. Others may shun you.

In that way, Jesus is a divider of families, friends, and co-workers. It hurts to be ridiculed or rejected by those close to you, but Jesus said it would happen.

Yes, Christ is a divider of people—but you are united with Him, and He will never leave you. —DCE

Your choice to follow Jesus Christ
Some people will not understand;
Still others will resent the change—
But have no fear, He'll hold your hand. —Egner

When we walk with the Lord, we'll be out of step with the world.

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement