Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Spending time with Him

Author Topic: Spending time with Him
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen...Kindgo thanks..

quote:
YOU ALWAYS HAVE TIME FOR WHAT YOU LOVE MOST
[thumbsup]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KNOW HIM...

Spending time with Him is what life is all about. Don’t neglect that. Do whatever it takes to spend time with Him. Remember, if you are too busy to spend time with the Lord, then you are just TOO BUSY. Amen? Amen! With that in mind, look at this verse I found this morning.

Jeremiah 24:7 (KJV)
And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

The GODS WORD translation says it like this: “I will give them the desire to know that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, because they will wholeheartedly come back to me.”

Wow, is that awesome or what? I want God to give me a heart to KNOW Him. I want Him to give me the DESIRE to know that He is Lord. A heart to know Him is the GREATEST thing that ANYONE could ever have. Ask God to give you that kind of a heart. Don’t let ANYTHING keep you from desiring more of HIM. If your desire for the world or anything else becomes BIGGER than your desire for Him, then you need to STOP……..and ask Him for a FRESH desire to KNOW HIM!!! Folks, it’s all about KNOWING HIM! I just cannot say that enough. If you have that desire to know Him, the Bible says, “I will watch over them for their own good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them.” (Jeremiah 24:6 GW)

I pray that today you will ask God to give you a “heart after Him.” Don’t let this slip by you. Make sure you do it! You may not even “feel” very spiritual right now, but don’t go by your feelings. Just ask God to GIVE YOU a desire to know Him. He will do it. You don’t have to be perfect to please God. You just need to be hungry for MORE and MORE of Him. He will even GIVE YOU the “hunger.” Yes, it’s as easy as that. Enjoy your relationship with HIM today! Amen!!!

Have a great day!!!
In Him,
Pastor Kevin Kinchen
PastorKevin@e-quip.org
www.e-quip.org

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement