Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » You Can’t Unscramble Eggs

Author Topic: You Can’t Unscramble Eggs
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Heather,
glad you came here to our board.. God is really good to us and has shown me mercy and grace beyond what i could imagine.

BIble says "who can separate us from the love of God"

This was wriiten for our comfort Heather:

[Bible]

ROM 8:28 And we know that to them that love God all things work together for good, `even' to them that are called according to `his' purpose.
ROM 8:29 For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained `to be' conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren:
ROM 8:30 and whom he foreordained, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
ROM 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God `is' for us, who `is' against us? ROM 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not also with him freely give us all things?
ROM 8:33 Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth;
ROM 8:34 who is he that condemneth? It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
ROM 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
ROM 8:36 Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
ROM 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
ROM 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

In Him
Barry

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather,

If you want an example of how God treats His servants, do a study on King David. This will show you the mercy and love that we receive from God. David did some pretty wretched things but God still loved him.

But, God will sometimes do something to get our attention if we stray too far.

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this bulletin board, but I wanted to comment on this message. A friend of mine pointed out how kind Jesus was in these instances. How he did not put these women into embarassing situations. At the well he sent his 12 disciples for food (why send all 12?) except he wanted to give the woman at the well privacy and talking.

The adulterous woman, Jesus waited to talk with her until all the accusers had left.

I need to learn to believe that Jesus could be just as kind to me, and that is a hard one. I am still seeing God and Jesus as more abusive parents than loving fathers.

Heather

Posts: 2 | From: Shokan, New York | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHADOW OF HIM
Advanced Member
Member # 148

Icon 21 posted      Profile for SHADOW OF HIM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What encouraging words from you, barrykind and becauseHElives.

For one day, HE will truly wipe away all of our tears. In the meantime, HE has healed my broken heart and wounded spirit.

Great is HIS faithfulness, becauseHElives. HIS mercy is new every morning.

God bless you all.

always,

IN THE SHADOW OF HIM

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good meditation material
Thank Y'WEH, for Y'SHUA

LAM 3:20 My soul hath [them] still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
LAM 3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

LAM 3:22 [It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not

LAM 3:23 [They are] new every morning: great [is] thy faithfulness.
LAM 3:24 The LORD [is] my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
LAM 3:25 The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.
LAM 3:26 [It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
LAM 3:27 [It is] good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.
LAM 3:28 He sitteth alone and keepeth silence, because he hath borne [it] upon him.
LAM 3:29 He putteth his mouth in the dust; if so be there may be hope.
LAM 3:30 He giveth [his] cheek to him that smiteth him: he is filled full with reproach.
LAM 3:31 For the Lord will not cast off for ever:
LAM 3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.
LAM 3:33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.
LAM 3:34 To crush under his feet all the prisoners of the earth,
LAM 3:35 To turn aside the right of a man before the face of the most High,
LAM 3:36 To subvert a man in his cause, the Lord approveth not.
LAM 3:37 Who [is] he [that] saith, and it cometh to pass, [when] the Lord commandeth [it] not?
LAM 3:38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?
LAM 3:39 Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?
LAM 3:40 Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.
LAM 3:41 Let us lift up our heart with [our] hands unto God in the heavens.
LAM 3:42 We have transgressed and have rebelled: thou hast not pardoned.
LAM 3:43 Thou hast covered with anger, and persecuted us: thou hast slain, thou hast not pitied.
LAM 3:44 Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that [our] prayer should not pass through.
LAM 3:45 Thou hast made us [as] the offscouring and refuse in the midst of the people.
LAM 3:46 All our enemies have opened their mouths against us.
LAM 3:47 Fear and a snare is come upon us, desolation and destruction.
LAM 3:48 Mine eye runneth down with rivers of water for the destruction of the daughter of my people.
LAM 3:49 Mine eye trickleth down, and ceaseth not, without any intermission,
LAM 3:50 Till the LORD look down, and behold from heaven.
LAM 3:51 Mine eye affecteth mine heart because of all the daughters of my city.
LAM 3:52 Mine enemies chased me sore, like a bird, without cause.
LAM 3:53 They have cut off my life in the dungeon, and cast a stone upon me.
LAM 3:54 Waters flowed over mine head; [then] I said, I am cut off.
LAM 3:55 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon.
LAM 3:56 Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry.
LAM 3:57 Thou drewest near in the day [that] I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not.
LAM 3:58 O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.
LAM 3:59 O LORD, thou hast seen my wrong: judge thou my cause.

PS 34:18 \34:17\[The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
PS 34:19 \34:18\The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

There is that broken heart again.

Don't doubt it, GOD desires a broken heart in us all.

Just like those scrambled "broken" eggs

becauseHElives

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. This is very timely. I was asking God about things in my life just about an hour ago. I come here and see the answer to my questions!
God is GREAT. And you are a blessing to others for following His promptings.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Can’t Unscramble Eggs

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

I have never met you, however this one thing I know about you, you have “have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”(Romans 3:23) I have no idea what your sins were, or are, and it is none of my business, however, if you will “confess [your] sins, He is faithful and just to forgive [you your] sins and to cleanse [you] from all unrighteousness.”(1 John 1:9)

OK, so you have confessed your sins, now you feel you have made such a mess of your life, you don’t know what to do. Remember what Jesus said to the woman at the well, after she had told Him "I have no husband."(John 4:17) He said, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly.”(John 4:17,18) Jesus didn’t attempt to unscramble the eggs, He simply told her who He was.(John 4:26)

Remember also the woman who had been caught in the act of adultery, the one whose accusers melted away after Jesus had “said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."(John 8:7) Again, He didn’t attempt to “unscramble the eggs,” He simply said to her, “go and sin no more.”(John 8:11)

My friend, stop trying to “unscramble the eggs,” let Jesus make an omelet out of them. Remember, “all things work together for good to those who love God.” That doesn’t mean the nasty things you have done, were good; it means Jesus can create something beautiful out of your mess, if you will let Him.

Now, stop putting yourself down; stop that pity-party. My friend, “God is [your] refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.”(Psalms 46:1) My friend, “it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”(1 Cor 2:9)

Keep in mind pearls are the product of pain. When the shell of an oyster is chipped or pierced by a worm or boring parasite, a foreign substance, usually a grain of sand, gets in. The inside of an oyster's shell is made up of a lustrous substance called nacre. When a grain of sand gets into a shell, the nacre cells get busy. They cover the grain of sand with layer after layer of nacre in order to protect the soft body of the oyster. The result is that a beautiful pearl is formed. An oyster which has not been hurt does not grow a pearl -- for a pearl is a healed wound.

Stop attempting to unscramble the eggs. It makes no difference whether the mess in your life is your fault, or another’s, let Jesus make a pearl out of your pain.

A pearl is a healed wound, let Jesus heal you. It seems to me that is a pretty good tradeoff, giving up a wound, for a pearl.

Rev. Russ McDonald
Reprinted by Permission

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement