Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » God Is Your Fortress

Author Topic: God Is Your Fortress
SHADOW OF HIM
Advanced Member
Member # 148

Icon 21 posted      Profile for SHADOW OF HIM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, JESUS!!!!

God bless you all.

always,
IN THE SHADOW OF HIM

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 15 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Is Your Fortress

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I have dropped in to visit with you for a moment, and warn you that circumstances are sure to let you down. Nonetheless, you can rest in the fact Jesus said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you."(Hebrews 13:5) It is imperative that you put your trust in Him.

It is only from Jesus, that your salvation comes. It is from Him, you receive healing; it is He, who will deliver you and gives you prosperity. It is Jesus, that these things come from, not circumstances. My friend, God’s Word will always lift you high above circumstances, which are always subject to change.

Should life give you a kick, ask God to let it kick you forward. Don't pray for fewer problems, pray for more skills; don't ask for smaller challenges, ask God for greater wisdom. My friend, don't look for an easy way out, ask God for the best possible outcome.

Remember, when you are weak, He is strong. He is your strength. He is your deliverer no matter what you face. He is your strong tower, in times of need.

I believe God would have me relay these words to you, “I am with you and will keep you wherever you go.”(Genesis 28:15) Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.(Deut 31:6) My friend, God is saying to you “as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.”(Joshua 1:5)

Listen to me when I tell you, “the LORD will not forsake His people.”(1 Samuel 12:22) “Be strong and of good courage. Are you listening my friend? Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God; my God; will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.(1 Chronicles 28:20) David said, “I have been young, and now am old; Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread.”(Psalms 37:25)

Will circumstances let you down? Yes they will. Do you have to be concerned? Of course not! You either believe God, or you don’t; which is it? If you believe Him, remember He is your fortress.

Rev. Russ McDonald
Reprinted by Permission

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement