Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Putting your trust in HIM

Author Topic: Putting your trust in HIM
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 16 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post KnowHim.
Thanks for sending it to us..
May God richly bless you and your family, in the name of Jesus..amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowHim
Admin
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Putting your trust in HIM

Do you remember the song Put your hand in the hand of the man from Galilee?

It went something like this Put your hand in the hand of man who stilled the water, who calmed the sea, He cleared the temple because they were buying and selling in the house of GOD, It also speaks about the family and the unity of the family and how the parents taught their children to love and respect JESUS, and others. It also talks about how short we fall at times.

Psalm 37:10-13, 23-24

Years ago when I remarried after coming out of a very abusive situation I was concerned constantly that my new husband and my daughter from the previous marriage would be harmed by my ex-husband. Then I came across these passages in Psalm 37. They talk about what is in store for the evil and wicked person or persons who trying to harm the children of JESUS our LORD. The Word says. "A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace." "The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the LORD laughs at the wicked, for HE knows their day is coming." "If the LORD delights in a man's way HE makes HIS steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD holds his hand in HIS."

I realized that nothing could harm me and my family that JESUS was my protector. Just as JESUS was my protector then HE is my protector now. Our nation is full of evil people. People who are out to destroy JESUS and HIS followers. However, we as believers need to stand up for JESUS and take HIS hand, we need to not let a few evil and wicked people destroy our confidence in ourselves as believers and in our GOD that is our Creator and Sustainer of LIFE. We need to recognize the abilities that HE has given us and use those abilities in HIS service. We as adults need to be an example of the right kind of life for our children and youth of our country and the world. They need to see JESUS in us and in everything we do. We have a responsibility to them and to JESUS.

It doesn't matter what JESUS has given you in your life that can be of service to HIM. It does matter that you use it effectively. If you can give but a cup of cold water to someone in need then you give that water with all the love that is possible through JESUS. If you can pray then you storm the gates of heaven with prayers for this country, our President and leaders, your church and pastor, for the people who are out on the front lines of the battle waging war against Satan and his hosts. If you have the talent and ability to sing or teach or do some specific work then you do it for the holy of JESUS.

You need to understand that each person GOD has made is a unique individual and we need to show the love JESUS has for us to others around us, beginning with those in the body of believers. We also need to be a witness to those who are not believers. I don't mean stopping people on the street and becoming an embracement to yourself and the other person. But to be sensitive to the opportunities that JESUS presents to you on a daily basis. Pray and ask for the LORD's guidance. We in America talk a good talk but our walking is weak and the two don't often match as they should.

Remember that last verse of Scripture: When you are in the will of the LORD that is when HE delights in you as a believer, HE will not let you fall because your hand is in HIS. We need first to get our own life straight before the LORD, then get our life straight with our immediate families then with the church and then we will become a vessel that JESUS can use and fill up time after time with peace, joy, love, meekness, gentleness, self-control, patience with things, longsuffering with people, goodness, faithfulness and in these come our blessings from on high.

If you are reading this and you haven't experienced JESUS as Savior and LORD I invite you to do this first. This site has a link to an ONLINE tract read it. See a pastor in a local New Testament Bible believing church. Ask a believer who may be a friend or just an acquaintance. Seek the LORD while HE may be found, call on HIM while HE is near.

Submitted by Mary Fillinger

--------------------
Plow on, plow on...
David Campbell

Posts: 426 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement