Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Favorite Devotions   » Keep In Touch With God

Author Topic: Keep In Touch With God
SHADOW OF HIM
Advanced Member
Member # 148

Icon 21 posted      Profile for SHADOW OF HIM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT A WONDERFUL POST!! WE NEED TO STAY IN CONSTANT PRAYER WITH OUR LORD!!! WE CANNOT MAKE IT ONE SECOND WITHOUT HIM.

I GREW UP BELIEVING YOU ONLY ASK GOD FOR THE 'BIG' THINGS IN LIFE. I ALWAYS FELT LIKE I WAS ASKING TOO MUCH OF HIM, SO I JUST NEVER REALLY PRAYED THAT MUCH. I HAD NO CONCEPT OF WHAT PRAYER REALLY WAS.

WITH SOME SPIRITUAL MATURITY, I HAVE COME TO KNOW GOD SO MUCH BETTER. (AND I AM EVER TRYING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HIM) PRAYER IS NOT FOR DEMANDS, OR JUST TO REPENT. WE NEED TO WORSHIP GOD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH. PRAYER IS TALKING WITH HIM. PRASING HIM. UPLIFTING HIS HOLY NAME. BEFORE WE ASK HIM FOR ANYTHING, WE SHOULD THANK HIM FOR HIS GRACE AND HIS MERCY. THANK HIM FOR LOOKING BEYOND OUR MANY FAULTS AND SEEING EVERY ONE OF OUR NEEDS. HIS WORD TELLS US THAT HE HEARS US EVEN BEFORE WE CALL HIM. HE KNOWS WHAT WE HAVE NEED OF EVEN BEFORE WE ASK.

SO WHY NOT JUST PRAISE HIM TODAY? IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW LONG WE STAY IN PRAYER, OR BY WHAT SPECIAL LINGUISTIC ABILITIES WE HAVE. IT'S SIMPLY TALKING WITH GOD AND PRAISING HIM FOR WHO HE IS.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

ALWAYS,

IN THE SHADOW OF HIM

Posts: 52 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep In Touch With God

PSALM 25:1,2 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Are there times you just about feel like giving up? It is times like that you need to turn to Psalm 25 and do what David did. Notice the first thing that he did, he poured out his soul to God. One of the names used for God in the Scripture is Jehovah Rapha, "The LORD Who heals." I want you to know that you have a God, who is waiting for you to turn to Him when all else seems hopeless.

The next thing that David did was trust God, completely. I can see tears running down his face as he cried out, "O my God, I trust in You." Think about this: If you did not have God, you would have only yourself, or others like you to rely upon. In good times, that may be OK, however when the doctor walks into that room and tells you the tumor is malignant, you had better have a relationship with God. When crushing pain hits your chest (I know, I’ve been through heart surgery), or the phone rings at 3:00 AM with bad news, be thankful that God is just a whisper away! Yes, be thankful that you have someone greater than you to turn too.

Then David asked of God, “Show me your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth, and teach me: for you are the God of my salvation; on you do I wait all the day.”(Psalms 25:4,5) Did you get it? He asked God to “show” him, “teach” him and “lead” him.

My friend, prayer is the process that God uses to change you. The truth is, if you are not willing to “change”, you will soon discard prayer. Oh my, am I getting close to home now? Is it possible that you have been neglecting your prayer life lately? I’ve told you before, prayer is communicating and fellow-shipping with God; don’t you dare attempt to get along without it! Get back into God's presence immediately!

Tell God all that is in your heart, as if you were unloading your heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell Him your troubles, that He may comfort you; tell Him your joys, that He may sober them; tell Him your longings, that He may purify them; tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you to conquer them.

Yes, even talk to Him of your temptations, that He may shield you from them; show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Go ahead, tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and to others.

If you will open up and pour out all your weaknesses, needs and troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject, as it is continually being renewed. My friend, people who have no secrets from each other, never want for subjects of conversation, and that is the way it should be between you and God.

They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back, neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration, they say just what they think. My friend, you will be blessed, if you attain such familiar, unreserved, intercourse with God.

Whether you are going through bad times, or good, stay in touch with God. OK, how about lifting your hands right now, and telling Him you love Him; tell Him you appreciate Him. Go ahead, nobody is watching; come to think of it, does it matter if they are? Go ahead!

Rev. Russ McDonald

Reprinted by Permission

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement