Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » It’s Israel’s Land!

Author Topic: It’s Israel’s Land!
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would like to see things go back to where they were before the brittish, when the Jews and Muslims lived in the same region without organized armies fighting eachother.
You mean back to when Israel had no homeland. Well sorry, have you not read God gave Israel a homeland.

Ge 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Have you not read? Jesus is coming back and HE is going to restore them to it...

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

-

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So do you see George W. Bush and his running around making all of the Arabs hate us as a good thing because he may bring about the end of the world?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

Probably the wrong place for this, but where do you guys get the scripture that you copy and paste? Is it online somewhere?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) God has given the land to Israel all of the land.

2) Israel has had to defend herself time after time from Arab agression, since Israel's day of nationhood in 1948.

3) Every time Israel makes concessions to appease the Arabs she is attacked.

4) Israel is the only democracy in the region and a staunch ally of the US.

5) God is not done with Israel, and she plays a prominate role in the coming tribulation period.

6) When Jesus returns He will set foot on the Mount of Olives, defeat the enemies coming against Jerusalem, and establish His righteous reign, from Jerusalem.

Zech. 14:
1: Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2: For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3: Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4: And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5: And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6: And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8: And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9: And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

Wow! that is great! I have to say I never heard anything about that. My comments were a little lacking in factual support.. I admit. I was just responding to the furver with wich I see christians supporting Isreal, and have to wonder why?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel did help out with Katrina aid, inbcluding sending search teams.

Katrina Aid

Israel Katrina Aidf

-

Jerusalem ----September 7......An Israel Defense Forces plane will take off for the United States on Thursday, carrying over 15 tons of humanitarian aid and equipment for victims of Hurricane Katrina. The IDF plane, organized at the initiative of the Israel Defense and Foreign Ministries, is one of a number of aid deliveries from Israel to the city of New Orleans, most of which has been submerged in water since the hurricane hit over a week ago.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcopolio
unregistered

Why do modern day christians support Isreal? I am not an anti-semite, but as far as I am concerned the Isrealis should fend for themselves. I dont see the Isreali's helping out with our Katrina damage. They are no different to me than the muslims. I dont see why christians should support isreal over any other non-christian religion/ group. I would like to see things go back to where they were before the brittish, when the Jews and Muslims lived in the same region without organized armies fighting eachother.
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LETS NOT FORGET THE FACT THAT ABRAM CAME OUT OF UR OF CHALEDEES AND THAT ABRAN WAS CALLED BY GOD TO BE THE FATHER OF MANY NATIONS. REMEMBER THAT ISAACS WIFE CAME OUT OF ASSYRIA. AND THAT REHAB CAME OUT OF JERICO BEFORE THE JEWISH NATION FORMED. MY PEOPLE THE JEWISH, HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND THEY RETURNED BACK TO THEIR HEIMILANDE (vERELENDERN) MOTHER COUNTRY. THE JEWS ARE REJECTED BY EVERY COUNTRY AND MOST ALLIES HAVE TURNED THEIR BACK ON HER. I often wonder what it would have been like to have been in Betsaide or Gehar. That is where myfourth great grandparents came from. ;But we as a people still speak Hebrew or Yiddish, or Ladino.

The Palestines were peole of Syria who chose to remove and become vagabounds thru the desert. The Palenstines are not the Philistines.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is so much hyperbole about the Holy Land. Does it belong to the Palestinians or to the Jews? Does Israel have any rights to that region of the Middle East, or are they intruders? Exactly what makes the Jews think they have a right to any part of that geographical region?

Israel is blamed today by almost all of the world community as being the culprit in fomenting war against the hapless, helpless Arabs of Palestine.

What is the truth? Who is right in the millennia-long, bloody saga of the Jews versus the rest of the world in the matter of the right –or not—to the land that is strangely, violently, in the news every hour?

The answer to this boils down to a belief. Is God’s Word –the Bible—truth, or is it literature filled with flawed history that is little more than fiction? Either the Bible is God’s Word, or it is a volume that has stirred wars for no good reason.

We have reported that we receive daily hate e-mails telling us that we Christians who are of the evangelical/pre-trib belief ilk are the true hate-mongers and progenitors of war in these volatile times. We want to bring on the tribulation, Armageddon, etc., so that we can be snatched off the planet at the rapture. We are a blood-thirsty lot of people who want those who don’t agree with us to get their come-uppance…

Nothing, of course, is further from the truth. We want peace and happiness to reign on earth. It’s just that we know God’s Word on the matters involved says the only way that will happen is when Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, rules over the planet at a specified future time –the millennium.

We can do nothing to hasten, retard or prevent this from happening. We simply believe our mission is to tell the world what the Bible says –to forewarn of things to come so that people will seek Christ and the redemption from sin He gives. The philosophers through the ages have said they seek truth. God’s Word, the Bible, has the only truth there is. It is a love letter from the Creator of all things. So, it is –in our view—time to sit up and take notice when God speaks into our time. He has done so in no uncertain terms when it comes to the matter of the contested land of the region the world historians and geographers call Palestine, but that God called Canaan, and, later, Israel.

Now is time to review but a few statements God made about that land. It is either truth –or a lie. Take your choice. But, keep in mind, if you reject what the Bible says, and it indeed turns out to be truth, not lie, there is a tremendous price to pay for your rejection.

God’s words about the land He gave Israel (which includes much of the region we call the Middle East):

1) God’s first promise to Abraham about a nation

Genesis 12:7a: "The Lord appeared to Abram and said, 'To your descendants I will give this land.'" Genesis 17:7-8: "And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you. And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojourning, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." 2) To those who say God’s covenant with Israel concerning the nation/land is conditional, consider these words from God:

Psalm 89:30-37: "If his sons forsake My law, and do not walk in My judgments, if they violate My statues, and do not keep My commandments, then I will visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. But I will not break off My loving kindness from him, nor deal falsely in My faithfulness. My covenant I will not violate, nor will I alter the utterance of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David. His descendants shall endure forever like the moon, and the witness in the sky is faithful."

Jeremiah 31:35-36: "This is what the Lord says, 'He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar -- the Lord Almighty is His Name; Only if these ordinances vanish from My sight,' declares the Lord, 'will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.'"

Space doesn’t permit me to add the many, many such promises God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. We are seeing the bloody turmoil today because Satan is determined to make God a liar. If the old serpent, the devil, can destroy Israel, he will –he deludedly must believe—make his own defeat, as prophesied by God, of no effect as well. He can yet set his star above the throne of God.

Yet, Israel is firmly back at the heart of its homeland after nearly 2,000 years of dispersion, just as God said they would be: "'Also I will restore the captivity of My people Israel, and they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will also plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit. I will also plant them on their land, and they will not again be rooted out from their land which I have given them,' says the Lord your God" (Amos 9:14-15).

--Terry James

http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement