Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Israel the Promised Land   » Rabbi Amar: Faith and repentance can help war effort

Author Topic: Rabbi Amar: Faith and repentance can help war effort
cafferty
Community Member
Member # 5956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cafferty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said all Jewish people have chaste Him away.

I pray that many will come to know Him in these perilous times.

Lord have mercy on us all.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda great post!

Cafferty- The bible verses you quoted were in discussion of the Pharisees and the Scribes.
There are many religious people who praise with their mouth but their hearts are unrepented, un reborn as well an aethistic opinion toward what Jesus said It is better to love God and seek Him upmost and in doing so, loving your neighbor would be easier eventhough it seems impossible. NOT ALL JEWISH PEOPLE have chaste Jesus away. For I am one of them. JESUS IS THE MESSIAH, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.

It was the Pharisees and the Scribes who would use religion to rob its citizens of their domain, just like the Unrepent HIGHER archey of the catholic domain. WHERE PRIEST,ARCHBISHOPS, POPES rob people of their innocents, and rape their children. AND IN MOST CASES HAVE SAID IN THEIR DOGMA that the catholic church has replaced ISREAL as God chosen people. EVENTHOUGH there are God fearing people amongest the wolves who in purity and love believe in Jesus as the Christ and their atonement for their sins.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cafferty
Community Member
Member # 5956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cafferty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that Judah will have to repent and return to the TORAH.. TORAH not Talmudic Judaism. BUT Torah obedience that her eyes will be opened and she will find Christ. We have to remember that it was the practicing of Talmudic Judaism and not TORAH that led them not to see Christ the first time... all the Torah testifies of Christ.

Anyway, this article was encouraging to me. Let us pray for Israel's repentance and return to the TRUTH OF THE TORAH, that she will see and know Her Messiah of whom the Torah speaks. Let us pray for the peace of Jerusalem, which we know will only come with the coming of Christ

Jul. 19, 2006 20:00 | Updated Jul. 19, 2006 20:21
Rabbi Amar: Faith and repentance can help war effort
By MATTHEW WAGNER

In a letter to IDF soldiers and to residents in the North, Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar called to strengthen faith in God, repent from sin and do good deeds.

Amar opened his letter with verses from Deuteronomy:

"Listen Israel, you draw near today to do battle against your enemies; let not your hearts faint; fear not and do not tremble nor be terrified because of them; for the Lord your God is he that goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to save you."

Amar's letter, the language of which alludes to Psalms and the Book of Esther, articulates the Jewish belief that divine providence is conditional on the Jewish people's moral behavior.

"The Jewish people hopes for peace and pursues peace, and calls to our enemies to make peace. But when our enemies respond with fire and columns of smoke, and come on horse and chariot [against us], we invoke the name of the Lord our God, and stand strong and heroic, fearless and steadfast, because not in our swords do we put our trust but in the name of the Lord we rise up and stand emboldened and God provides redemption.

"All members of Israel, wherever they may be, are obligated to gather and to stand up for themselves, to remove all iniquities and sins from among us, whether sins against our neighbor or sins against God; we will search them out and return to the Lord our God, especially in this difficult time as it is written (Deuteronomy): 'When you go out to encamp against your enemies, keep your self from every evil thing … For the Lord your God walks in the midst of your camp to deliver you and to give up your enemies before you, therefore shall your camp be holy that He see no unclean thing in you and turn away from you.'

"Let us strengthen our faith [in God] so as to give life to our souls, and let us put our trust in the Lord, God of Israel's battles, and He will overcome our enemies. God's redemption is as quick as the blink of an eye."

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement